A Cost-Cutting Proposal

39 minutes ago, Lance said:

I predicted cutting down brass significantly and micing it up was going to happen within the next decade as a cost cutting measure even before the debacles with SCV and The Cadets.   

I don't think they allow this per the last rules.

On 10/17/2023 at 3:32 PM, Jeff Ream said:

DCI regulates what dates shows happen. they can regulate when spring training can happen.

can they really? Outside of safety concerns, I am not sure DCI can regulate rehearsal times. From what I see DCI rules are about fielding and performance limitations, not so much rehearsal limitations. I could always be wrong though. 

55 minutes ago, Lance said:

I predicted cutting down brass significantly and micing it up was going to happen within the next decade as a cost cutting measure even before the debacles with SCV and The Cadets.   

well micing up has occured anyway

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

can they really? Outside of safety concerns, I am not sure DCI can regulate rehearsal times. From what I see DCI rules are about fielding and performance limitations, not so much rehearsal limitations. I could always be wrong though. 

they can find a way to do anything if they are serious about it. the rules didn't call for a total house cleaning at YEA after the scandal broke but they required it.  even when Pio went inactive the rules didn't really call for DCI's demands. they still made it happen.

On 10/14/2023 at 7:42 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Spring training starts no earlier than 1 June.

The shortness of the season is absurd, and some corps didn't finish their shows by July 2nd. If you take away a week or two of ST the shows will be crap until the third week of July. Would you want to buy a show ticket to see crappy shows?

On 10/17/2023 at 11:57 AM, keystone3ply said:

And that's a great title for our Sax Ensemble.  "Back-Door Winds"! 😁 (I know, I know; I see it)

You joke, but Nathan's Famous hotdog eating contest had a bassoon quartet called the Breaking Winds on for the national anthem a few years ago 😆

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, ContraFart said:

They could if they wanted to, sure.  There's a whole host of other organizational things they require in the name of being allowed to participate in their sanctioned events.

Mike

21 hours ago, Gantang said:

The shortness of the season is absurd, and some corps didn't finish their shows by July 2nd. If you take away a week or two of ST the shows will be crap until the third week of July. Would you want to buy a show ticket to see crappy shows?

If you have 21 days of ST & learn 30 seconds of show per day at end you have 10.5 min show.   Participants in Marching Music’s Major League should be able to handle 30 seconds of new material per day.  

edit to add:  I would also severely penalize under-time shows. No excuse at this level to start season unprepared 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 4