What is wrong with US?

21 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

First off, I'm not "complaining" and you can leave your little attitude at the door. I am simply saying if people really want to solve an issue, DCP is not the place to do it. 

Second, I'm pointing out an issue that is ridiculous in my view. As I've said in my original post, I think it's right to point out when drum corps have done things that need to be addressed, but DCP does not seem to be the right place to handle issues. 

Third, The POINT of my initial post was to ask why people choose to bring issues on DCP, which usually leads to nothing being done except threads being led down rabbit holes with no solutions, and ultimately that thread getting closed. If people TRULY want to get something fixed within that specific organization, then they should approach that organization instead of adding to the destruction of that organization. 

But if you're all for posting that type of crap, then by all means, do you. Just because you can do something doesn't mean that's the right way to do it. 

I think it comes off as destructive and looks like a bunch of busybodies trying to stir crap. It's really disgusting because it's obvious that it's not done out of concern but just to stir the pot. Basically, let's kick them while they're down.... Burn the whole thing down... That's why I have an issue with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I think it comes off as destructive and looks like a bunch of busybodies trying to stir crap. It's really disgusting because it's obvious that it's not done out of concern but just to stir the pot. Basically, let's kick them while they're down.... Burn the whole thing down... That's why I have an issue with it.

I've yet to see one example of a corps that did not deserved to be kicked while they were down. Most of the things pointed out and what they have been caught doing are beyond unacceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Tattling ( incorrectly) on the Cadets' filing status in PA fits that, eh? OK, "new" poster.

10000000000000000 percent. Everything the cadets do should be looked at under a microscope. After "hopgate" and now their money problems. They absolutely can not be trusted. 

11 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Have you disregarded earlier dialogue in this thread wherein legitimate channels of communication with the orgs themselves are blocked... by the orgs themselves? Several people here have affirmed this.

I have an open channel with one corps CEO who cold contacted me to lament about the abuse I endured and explained in detail what they're doing to make things better. I can reach out to them with questions anytime and get thoughtful, prompt responses. Not with my own corps though. Not with the half dozen others I've reached out to. Cold shoulders and bland, HR'd responses there mostly.

So again, when those channels are as described, by myself and others who try to reach out in good faith, praytell where else should people be going?

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

Have you disregarded earlier dialogue in this thread wherein legitimate channels of communication with the orgs themselves are blocked... by the orgs themselves? Several people here have affirmed this.

I have an open channel with one corps CEO who cold contacted me to lament about the abuse I endured and explained in detail what they're doing to make things better. I can reach out to them with questions anytime and get thoughtful, prompt responses. Not with my own corps though. Not with the half dozen others I've reached out to. Cold shoulders and bland, HR'd responses there mostly.

So again, when those channels are a described, by myself and others who try to reach out in good faith, praytell where else should people be going?

No, I just haven't read all the drama over a filing status that just hasn't propagated through the system yet in PA.

I appreciate the comments you make and the good you do, but tattling about something like for the Cadets seems like a reach and a witch hunt. I'm not even a Cadets homer and I see right through it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

No, I just haven't read all the drama over a filing status that just hasn't propagated through the system yet in PA.

I appreciate the comments you make and the good you do, but tattling about something like for the Cadets seems like a reach and a witch hunt. I'm not even a Cadets homer and I see right through it.

Ty. But I wasn't talking about nits picked regarding the Cadets. I'm trying desperately to leave that be until the Cadets release a statement, failing at times.

I was alluding to the handful of diverse posters here describing clipped communications between concerned stakeholders and corps admin. Clipped on the admin side once difficult questions are asked.

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

He did expand water sports 😂 

giphy.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have no interest in their PA filing status. That’s “straining at the gnat and passing the camel.”  And the person who rang that bell has not posted to this thread. Yet here we are still grousing about it. 

My interest, and may I offer, the much greater interest, should be in why the BOD apparently failed financially to the point they can’t field a corps in 2024. So far we have one carefully worded post from a BOD member, which I greatly appreciate, but which doesn’t answer the question.  I would hold my donations until much more specific information is provided. They are under no obligation to do so. Just as we are under no obligation to donate. Peace. 

• Like 1