Drums Along The Waterfront

5 hours ago, Keith Hall said:

Whatever happened to this show in Buffalo? I thought attendance was great! Jack Gaylord did a super job in making this event happen and now NOTHING! Did DCI pull away from Buffalo?

I remember doing that show in 18/19. 

In 22 we stayed at a school real close to Buffalo and the reason I was told was because that they were thinking about bringing the show back in coming years. But I think that idea died down

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes - the venue was too far away from the roads that lead to Indy post-Covid. 

i thought it was other issues besides the distance

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I seem to remember it being cost of using the stadium though venue cost is the reason for so many shows being canceled, I may be confusing it with another show. I think the first year there was no Buffalo show was the same year there was no Rome show. Also the New Jersey shows that were held close to the New York border were not held, so people felt New York fans were being ignored. Given the distance, I’m not sure how many people who attended Buffalo or Rome attended Clifton, NJ or Met Life Stadium, but I’ve made similar lengthy treks to Clifton and Glassboro from Boston, so you never know.

On 11/1/2023 at 4:44 PM, Jeff Ream said:

On 11/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes - the venue was too far away from the roads that lead to Indy post-Covid. 

The year DCI came back post covid, they nixed all the NY state shows. Aside from travel, I was under the impression there were covid related guidelines/regulations in the state of NY that prevented corps from successfully holding shows there. They didn't have any NY shows last year either.

10 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

The year DCI came back post covid, they nixed all the NY state shows. Aside from travel, I was under the impression there were covid related guidelines/regulations in the state of NY that prevented corps from successfully holding shows there. They didn't have any NY shows last year either.

And once shows go away, they don’t seem to come back.  😕

• Like 1