Bobby Knight dies at 83

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Purdue grad here.  I will not speak ill of the dead.  And that’s all I have to say about that.  

This speaks volumes. Thank you for your candor! 

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Shhhh.  I’m poking a stick in Jim’s cage.  He reads this stuff. 

he may have outdone Woody

• Like 2

Neil Reid. The player that Bobby Knight threw the chair at, transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi, where I went to college. We were actually pretty good, lost in the finals of the CUSA tournament. (I cant remember if it was to Cincinnati or Marquette with Dwayne Wade, all of my college year memories are mixing together)

Just thought I would share my highly tertiary connection to Bobby Knight.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Neil Reid. The player that Bobby Knight threw the chair at, transferred to the University of Southern Mississippi, where I went to college. We were actually pretty good, lost in the finals of the CUSA tournament. (I cant remember if it was to Cincinnati or Marquette with Dwayne Wade, all of my college year memories are mixing together)

Marquette. I watch a lot of College basketball.  I haven’t watched the NBA since MJ retired.  I went to a Bulls game post MJ and I’d rather have had my teeth drilled than ever do it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

The player that Bobby Knight threw the chair at was Steve Reid, who went to Purdue. And graduated from Purdue. Although he did briefly attend Kansas State. My father was at this game. 

The player that Bobby Knight choked was Neil Reed. He was the one that also attended Southern Miss. 

The many points of abuse and bullying by Coach Knight can be confusing.

Edited by mingusmonk