Where is the love?

Instead of where is the love, problem is where is the trust. And how a few can spoil things for many

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The world went on when corps were folding years ago. The world went on when there was no drum corps in 2020. If a corps folds; let it go. Good grief. If if gets to the point where there's only a handful of corps left; WGI will take over what remains of DCI or the remaining corps will be creative and evolve into some other type of performance group. As I stated a few weeks ago; corps have been folding for decades. The only difference is that there aren't too many left to fill in the gaps, now. If it's the fate of DCI and its corps to eventually fade away; so be it. 
This constant b******t about saving corps that get themselves into trouble has gotten way past the irritating point. 

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

And some are more than happy to see some organizations fall as they are more than willing to gloat. 

But those kind of people are miserable anyway and anonomous message boards are just an outlet.  We can't afford to lose Garfield, nor Santa Clara.  The vast majority of us want to see both succeed. 

Have faith, 2000Cadet. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

all he had to was say "not answering". i'd have been cool with that. and yes i fi am going to give money, i want to know what is going on. while i have no choice in paying taxes for a dysfunctional government at every level in this country ( and i say that bashing both sides), i'm not donating to politicians who i feel are worthless. i'm not donating to charities that waste money. and i'm not giving to drum corps that can't be open about why they're failing and need help. Hence why in the last 2 years now SCV and Cadets aren't getting anything from me. so maybe you give money regardless of why ##### falling apart...i don't.

and i don't get off on calling people out. i actually like to praise people for a job well done. but i have a low tolerance for ########, and yeah i'll speak up about it. and if that is indicative of how representatives of the Cadets are going to be in a time when frankly their very survival is a big concern.....well, people need to know.

It's almost akin to reprimanding your subordinates in public instead of admonishing them in private. Many people have VALID concerns and I will not minimize that. This lawsuit against Cadets is serious AND warranted. But to post personal conversations between yourself and someone else (especially when that person chooses not to defend himself because of the potential problems that may arise given his being a member of the BOD) is classless and makes you no better than the very organization you're criticizing for "transparency." And you're right. He could have just said he wasn't answering. But you could have also kept your personal conversations to yourself, less it makes you look as if you're bitter for not receiving the answers you required. 

This entire country has been affected by events that have taken place in the past few years; many business have closed, many people can't afford to pay bills, etc. Drum corps is not immune to those problems. Sure, may of them have been self-inflicted, but too many people come on here as if their #### doesn't stink. 

39 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

But those kind of people are miserable anyway and anonomous message boards are just an outlet.  We can't afford to lose Garfield, nor Santa Clara.  The vast majority of us want to see both succeed. 

Have faith, 2000Cadet. 

I'm trying my best, believe me. But it is sickening to read some people's thoughts here that are based on nothing more than conjecture. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I'm trying my best, believe me. But it is sickening to read some people's thoughts here that are based on nothing more than conjecture. 

I guess we’re not going to move off of this point. That they aren’t financially capable of fielding a corps in 2024 is a fact. It is not conjecture.  I would love to donate to help. First I want to know why this happened. Is it because they need to use their available funds to pay legal fees related to the lawsuit?  I would like the truth. “Oh gee a couple unexpected bills caught us by surprise” is not the truth. And I would like to know what they are doing or plan to do to ensure this financial disaster doesn’t happen again. Until then I’m giving elsewhere. So, do as you wish. Have attitude. Launch counter accusations (you know, such as, we want Cadets to fail).  Ok. Whatever.  See how that works for ya. 

Edited by HockeyDad

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I guess we’re not going to move off of this point. That they aren’t financially capable of fielding a corps in 2024 is a fact. It is not conjecture.  I would love to donate to help. First I want to know why this happened. Is it because they need to use their available funds to pay legal fees related to the lawsuit?  I would like the truth. “Oh gee a couple unexpected bills caught us by surprise” is not the truth. And I would like to know what they are doing or plan to do to ensure this financial disaster doesn’t happen again. Until then I’m giving elsewhere. So, do as you wish. Have attitude. Launch counter accusations (you know, such as, we want Cadets to fail).  Ok. Whatever.  See how that works for ya. 

Like I said to the other person. Donate to whomever you want. It's neither hurting me emotionally nor financially, so if it makes you sleep better at night to post that, good for you. 

If my statements don't pertain you, then I don't see why you need to continue quoting me. If I had something to say about what you've posted, BELIEVE ME, I would say it directly to you. But if you want to sit here and minimize my thoughts by calling them "attitude," I really don't give a _____. But it doesn't change my thoughts on what I see from many people on this site. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

The world went on when corps were folding years ago. The world went on when there was no drum corps in 2020. If a corps folds; let it go. Good grief. If if gets to the point where there's only a handful of corps left; WGI will take over what remains of DCI or the remaining corps will be creative and evolve into some other type of performance group. As I stated a few weeks ago; corps have been folding for decades. The only difference is that there aren't too many left to fill in the gaps, now. If it's the fate of DCI and its corps to eventually fade away; so be it. 
This constant b******t about saving corps that get themselves into trouble has gotten way past the irritating point. 

Best post I saw about BITD and today was: corps have always folded but in the past there were new corps started to take their place. Today the new corps are no longer being created.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

While this may be true, things are different now than they were back then. You had many more corps than what we have today so losing one or two is a much bigger deal today than it was back then. 

Each corps that folds nowadays shrinks DCI as an organization even smaller and smaller. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

If it's the fate of DCI and its corps to eventually fade away; so be it. 

I used to have these sweet gum trees in my yard that constantly dropped branches.  One time a huge branch fell off that would have crushed my car had my wife not driven it that day.  Eventually, the trees had to go.  The dead branches were just a symptom of the diseased core of the tree.  Had I delayed getting those trees removed something worse could have happened.  He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I’m sorry it needed to be public. Why? Because they put it out there to feel free to reach out. If you’re going to respond as they did but come here claiming to be available for questions is a dick move. 

I often in my job have to have uncomfortable conversations that may not make all parties happy. I often get questioned by third parties that legally I can’t give information to. But yet there’s ways to let people know information can’t be divulged, and there’s what I got. 

so maybe my posting any of the exchange is like a yelp review. Buyer beware. I asked for info so maybe I could help. But I’m sorry you talk to me that way…. Well…..maybe I’m not better. But maybe now others willing to help know what to expect. 

I remember reading an article about a Chinese restaurant that received a negative yelp review among a load of positive reviews. The Chinese restaurant responded to that review by telling that customer not to ever come back and that person doesn't have a right to be seated in that restaurant. Obviously, I wouldn't want a non-profit organization to respond in this way, but the lesson is, the customer may not always be right. 

Let's not sugarcoat things here. It didn't need to be public. It seems to me you wanted it public because of the apparent slight you felt by the answer you were given, and therefore, felt it important that others who agree with you should know about.