DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Annapolis and Surf's show. the group that hosted the OC+Surf show near York PA plans to go again this summer....heck with All age not sure with the shorter season who will have shows when. you have the NWPA shows for OC and i guess Erie plus Pittsburgh. thats it. so the regional model people keep harkening for really isn't feasible on the right third of the country

There was one all-age corps in the Cincinnati show this season.  I’m not sure about the Canton show. Rogues Hollow is right in the vicinity and the Saints aren’t too terribly far out of Columbus.  They’re closer to the Cincinnati show but they weren’t there this year.  They were in 2022. 

I think the first New England show this year might be in Connecticut, with several all age corps in competition as well. I am not expecting any Massachusetts shows until Lawrence right before Allentown.  There was some early talk of that show featuring BD, SCV and Troopers along with BAC(which would be a nice little show, obviously) but I also heard later on that BD was not sure.

And yeah, while it is easy to wax nostalgic about "local" or "regional" touring, that is easier said than done these days.  The other day, I posted about having a full slate of local corps in Massachusetts back in the day. As an example, I remember back in 1980 rehearsing with BAC on Sunday mornings at the East Boston Stadium.   When we finished around noon, North Star would be pulling in for the afternoon block, followed by 27 later in the day.  This doesn't even include Alliance or the Defenders.   JurassicLancer, do you remember this?

Edited by craiga
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, craiga said:

I think the first New England show this year might be in Connecticut, with several all age corps in competition as well. I am not expecting any Massachusetts shows until Lawrence right before Allentown.  There was some early talk of that show featuring BD, SCV and Troopers along with BAC(which would be a nice little show, obviously) but I also heard later on that BD was not sure.

And yeah, while it is easy to wax nostalgic about "local" or "regional" touring, that is easier said than done these days.  The other day, I posted about having a full slate of local corps in Massachusetts back in the day. As an example, I remember back in 1980 rehearsing with BAC on Sunday mornings at the East Boston Stadium.   When we finished around noon, North Star would be pulling in for the afternoon block, followed by 27 later in the day.  This doesn't even include Alliance or the Defenders.   JurassicLancer, do you remember this?

Honestly, this happened all the time during the DCE season. We were all piled on top of each other. But 27 was mostly last because, well, busses.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I saw the Pittsburgh show mentioned…Sorry, a  scosche off topic, but did they ever correct the entrance and exits for the souvie trucks and trailers at Baldwin HS? I recall the entrance to the stadium was a real panic inducer.

Loved the stadium tho and the folks in Pittsburgh are THE best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

A tie in for Barnum makes sense

53 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I saw the Pittsburgh show mentioned…Sorry, a  scosche off topic, but did they ever correct the entrance and exits for the souvie trucks and trailers at Baldwin HS? I recall the entrance to the stadium was a real panic inducer.

Loved the stadium tho and the folks in Pittsburgh are THE best!

I don’t think there is a fix given the facility layout. They’d be better off at Gateway or Norwin

Wasn't the Glassboro, NJ show the Cadets home show? Will that show be gone now? I'd argue there is no reason for not having five East Coast shows the first week of July. The shows could easily feature at least seven corps: Boston, Crown, Spartans, Caballeros, Hurricanes, Fusion Core, Skyliners. Jersey Surf, if they come out. Two shows in NJ/PA, Annapolis, two shows in the Boston area. Quincy and Lawrence, or other venues. The merger of All-age corps into DCI makes it possible for full line-ups at any East Coast venue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom56 said:

Wasn't the Glassboro, NJ show the Cadets home show? Will that show be gone now? I'd argue there is no reason for not having five East Coast shows the first week of July. The shows could easily feature at least seven corps: Boston, Crown, Spartans, Caballeros, Hurricanes, Fusion Core, Skyliners. Jersey Surf, if they come out. Two shows in NJ/PA, Annapolis, two shows in the Boston area. Quincy and Lawrence, or other venues. The merger of All-age corps into DCI makes it possible for full line-ups at any East Coast venue. 

I like your optimism, but ultimately Boston cannot force any corps to come to Massachusetts for a show. I'm not sure all those corps you mentioned would come here, especially based on where the rest of tour brings them.  And, there is one group who absolutely won't come here anymore, so there is that.  Last year,  Mandarins,  Bloo and Phantom came here and were very well received. 

• Like 4