DCI 2024 SCHEDULE

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

I was hoping to actually see more DCI / DCA corps together. Only the Reading show seems to have that option.

Rochester has a combined lineup with DCA and DCI groups

• Like 1

23 hours ago, craiga said:

Yeah, to go from three shows last summer to one in 2024 is a bummer.  But, this is pretty much the price we all have to pay for these shortened tours nowadays.   Just glad that the activity is finding ways to stay alive.

When you include World, Open and DCA New England had 7 shows last year. Now only 2 (6/28 Ct. and 8/1 Ma.)

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

My kid crashed my car the first time he took a girl out on a date.  About a week after he got his license.  I wasn’t mad. I was just glad they were safe.  I couldn’t say much because I crashed my Dad’s car into a guard rail because I didn’t realize that overpasses freeze over first. 

Brother tried to widen the drive-through at Taco Bell once.   I got blame until I pointed out I didn’t have car previous evening.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Speling
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

I was hoping to actually see more DCI / DCA corps together. Only the Reading show seems to have that option.

in the NE the problem is where the DCI World class corps need to be and when, and also the all age corps keeping costs down. i believe there's one in Brockport NY after Allentown as well. there is some OC corps in the all age shows

but also...fewer all age corps than 10 years ago and weekday options aren't the easiest thing for an all age corps to pop up. And....for an all age host...there's enough corps to fill the show without breaking the bank and adding WC corps as most of those venues aren't that big. imagine the logistics at Clifton when you add 5 Wc corps??? even Bucs 2nd show if at Exeter TWp is a challenge as the stadium is in the middle of a neighborhood and the parking lot is filled early and people are taking over the neighborhood streets to park

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

showed the 11 year old the Allentown schedule. they she insisted we go over the entire tour. she was hyped.

my parenting plans are coming together as i have forseen

One year I’m going to make the trip up to Allentown myself. From what I’ve heard, it’s the coolest drum corps experience there is. I guess I should probably go sooner rather than later. You know, just in case…😔

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

One year I’m going to make the trip up to Allentown myself. From what I’ve heard, it’s the coolest drum corps experience there is. I guess I should probably go sooner rather than later. You know, just in case…😔

I would. get there early and find a place to park, and just check out the park and tailgate areas, as well as the new souvie area.....the vibe is great.

and get your cardio in going up the hill too!!

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 5:41 AM, Phantom56 said:

The Bristol parade pays among the best in the country. Would seem to make sense to have two Boston area shows 4th of July weekend, with corps having the opportunity to march the Bristol parade--the best 4th of July parade in the country. 

Yes, it looks like DCI axed the Lynn and Quincy shows.   

In 2023, Cadets marched in both the Bristol and Wakefield 4th parades, and the Connecticut Hurricanes were in the Wakefield parade.   

I can't remember if Spartans or BAC appeared in these parades as well.

Edited by ykw

7 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I'm curious to see where in Reading this show will be.  Wilson?  Exeter? 

I know it won't be Muhlenberg because that school has a grass field.