FLO SETTLES LAWSUIT

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

waiting for the email with a subscription increase

It's bound to happen, but it hasn't gone up since (at least) they started streaming DCI in 2017, unlike pretty much everything else in this country. Hell, even Box 5 in only their 3rd year of doing BOA raised prices this year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

It's bound to happen, but it hasn't gone up since (at least) they started streaming DCI in 2017, unlike pretty much everything else in this country. Hell, even Box 5 in only their 3rd year of doing BOA raised prices this year.

yeah i saw Box5 went up. they likely lost DCA now, so they had to make that up i guess

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah i saw Box5 went up. they likely lost DCA now, so they had to make that up i guess

That’s something I didn’t think about … does DCA go with the flo now?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Theres your excuse.. err reason for any increase..:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

I had no problem with Box 5 raising their price.  The quality of all their streams was very good...especially Grand Nationals.  My only complaint was with some of the banter that went on between bands.  (Rock, Paper, Scissors REALLY)

But I'm old!

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

i think they had to. it wouldn't make sense for Flo to tear down after semis, Box5 sets up for all age, then Flo sets back up for World Class finals

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

I had no problem with Box 5 raising their price.  The quality of all their streams was very good...especially Grand Nationals.  My only complaint was with some of the banter that went on between bands.  (Rock, Paper, Scissors REALLY)

But I'm old!

yeah any of the interview or commentator spots were rough

On 11/15/2023 at 2:39 AM, Phantom56 said:

Did anyone get an email from Flo about a class action lawsuit? According to Reddit, they settled a class action lawsuit for sharing subscribers info with Facebook, and auto automatically renewing subscriptions without consent.  $2.6 million. Anyone know more about this? 

That is a BIGGIE and shame on them, shame on them I guess they learned the hard way. I thought it was rather screwy and suspicious  from how much work it seemed to be to cancel my subscription  after finals this year.

Edited by Zeke