Corps That Have Moved and Why?

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

My parents went to the Joliet, Illinois show in 1972 and when the fight started in concert in Des Plaines show, my Mom told my Dad that they were fighting and it was time to leave.  🤦‍♀️

And that wasn’t really unusual back then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Oh you know it.  The McHenry, Illinois dustup is legendary.

Oh not those kids in the Junior corps 😈. Knew a guy who marched in the 50s with a local Senior corps in PA. “For retreat they would stick us between Archer Epler and Reilly Raiders (2 Philly corps) to keep them apart. Yeah like we would have stopped them”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 3

On 11/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, DFA1970 said:

I think the topic is a "relocation". Cadets moving from NJ to PA is not huge. Crossmen moving from PA to Tx is a relocation. But they are the only ones that have ever done a big cross country relocation. So again is this worth of a discussion because it's not.

Every move a major one, right? Given the fragility of the activity.

Cadets just moved within PA (Allentown to Erie) and are inactive for 2024.

44 minutes ago, DCI-1983-91 said:

Every move a major one, right? Given the fragility of the activity.

Cadets just moved within PA (Allentown to Erie) and are inactive for 2024.

Actually that’s a lot longer move than NJ to Allentown. Going SE PA to top NW corner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

You’re practically in Cleveland. I was told the Cadets sent a bus there for camps. 

Just checked and 100 miles using I-90 almost the whole way. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, Jeff Ream said:

Cadets....felt Allentown was a better fit to make money in each case and to escape past issues.

Crossmen sold off or they would have been shut down

Not exactly.............Cadets had bad office spaces in North Jersey at high leasing prices......they got an incredible deal on a long term lease in Allentown with a large building with plenty of space.        The Crossmen were put "up for sale" by YEA, as it became too much for the organization to run two world class corps, both fiscally and otherwise. There was no real intent to shut down the Crossmen.    Also, what many do not know is this.  There was a group of folks that would have taken over the Crossmen and kept the corps in Pa.. and made an offer to do so.    However, that group did not really have the funds, and the Texas group did.  Still, I do think had the Texas deal fell through, something would have been worked out and the Pa. group would likely have taken over the corps.

• Like 1