Auditions Today Vs. Yesterday

I recall seeing a video about the Bridgemen that said everyone had to audition for. 1976, including alums. I don’t know what the audition entailed. I’m thinking it was probably not as detailed as an audition is today.

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

I recall seeing a video about the Bridgemen that said everyone had to audition for. 1976, including alums. I don’t know what the audition entailed. I’m thinking it was probably not as detailed as an audition is today.

depended on your actual birth certificate i guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the things that kind of bugs me about nowadays, is that a younger person, say 16 years old, can audition for the local corps, make it down to the last two for one spot, and they’ll pick the age out kid from 1000 miles away rather than the kid who lives nearby and has several more years left to march.  Seems short-sighted to me.

BTW, this really happened.  I personally told the founder of the corps about it and he found it very disturbing. 

Lots of difference in maturity from 16-21.  I would always pick the oldest if two people are in the same talent range. 

Funny little story: one of my mb directors is a percussion tech at ColtCadets. He constantly tries to persuade me to go do ColtCadets once i graduate. I’ve said yes every time.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

Lots of difference in maturity from 16-21.  I would always pick the oldest if two people are in the same talent range. 

Yes, but I have had 16-year old HS students in my college biology classes who are much more mature than some of the 21 (or 31)-year olds.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hell, I'm 66 and am told regularly I have the maturity of a 21 y/o. Mind is still young, the bod no so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2