Bands of America On Demand Video Channel - could DCI finally be next?

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i will admit Flo's one size fits all pricing model is a lot better than what Box 5 charges for BOA....i am afraid they would go to a per show model, with regionals being a higher price.

Maybe I’m wrong but I swore Box5 had a full season price option this year and it wasn’t like outrageous. I had noticed it after I bought the shows I was planning to watch. 

8 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Maybe I’m wrong but I swore Box5 had a full season price option this year and it wasn’t like outrageous. I had noticed it after I bought the shows I was planning to watch. 

oh i didn't see that. usually in the fall the only chance i have to watch BOA is finals, but that was a separate package. 

16 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

The full season to watch Just BOA is $160, which is more than an entire year on Flo. The Box 5 stuff is all Ala carte, so if you buy the BOA season pass, you don't get access to all of Box 5 offerings (ISSMA, MCBA, other marching circuits etc), you just get BOA. That can add up really quickly. Flo yearly gets you all of DCI and WGI plus all the thumb wrestling you can watch! 

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2023 at 1:51 PM, OldSnareDrummer said:

What kind of other things does Box 5 offer for their price?

It can't be as good and riveting as the National Jr High School Mixed Doubles Thumb Wrestling Championships they offer on Flo. 

On 12/1/2023 at 5:48 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I can tell you have never suffered the agony of defeat from losing a thumb war. 

Too soon.  That poor kid may never hitchhike again.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Brass of the South said:

I’m pretty sure Box5 is close to $100 for all three days of Grand Nationals. For all of the #####ing people do about Flo, $60 for the whole season + next day replay is a much better deal.

I told my husband it was $100 for three days of BOA nationals and he thought I was talking about being there.  I won’t repeat what he said when I told him no, that’s the cost to stream.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MGCpimpOtimp said:

The full season to watch Just BOA is $160, which is more than an entire year on Flo. The Box 5 stuff is all Ala carte, so if you buy the BOA season pass, you don't get access to all of Box 5 offerings (ISSMA, MCBA, other marching circuits etc), you just get BOA. That can add up really quickly. Flo yearly gets you all of DCI and WGI plus all the thumb wrestling you can watch! 

One two three four i declare a thumb war.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Brass of the South said:

I’m pretty sure Box5 is close to $100 for all three days of Grand Nationals. For all of the #####ing people do about Flo, $60 for the whole season + next day replay is a much better deal.

it wasn't that much for grand nats. i dont remember, but it wasnt over $70 that much i remember

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I told my husband it was $100 for three days of BOA nationals and he thought I was talking about being there.  I won’t repeat what he said when I told him no, that’s the cost to stream.  

That would probably work if you take a good cardboard box & pack some beanee weanees. Find a good location under the ArtsGarden or overpass.   

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

That would probably work if you take a good cardboard box & pack some beanee weanees. Find a good location under the ArtsGarden or overpass.   

I have no idea.  I haven’t been to a band championship since 1978 in Whitewater.  It was called MBA then and it was summer band.  We got one weekend off a summer back then to be normal people.  So what does our dumbasses do? We go to a band show. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1