A Great Article on The Cadets

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Alumni corps is going the way of the Dodo. One offs like Bluecoats but nothing that requires a localized base. 

The one-offs are pretty great though. Bluecoats, Scouts, and Cavaliers were actual alumni corps, too. I marched in a reunion corps with people who were too young to ever have been in the corps that was being memorialized. 

And you guys absolutely rocked!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

It seems to happen a lot with the Scouts, too.  Don’t get mad at the messenger. It’s been going on for decades. 

Let’s go down the list shall we.

When SCV hired Jeff F for Exec. Dir. we thought we scored. SCV has problems retaining competitive leadership for years given our own problems, and he had the credentials and performance to dominate those conflicting personalities within SCV.

Then………….. it gets back to me the Cavie’s Board Chair had said he was disappointed to hear SCV picked up Jeff P.

WTF man…………… say something. I (we as a board) don’t know what’s going on elsewhere in DCI.

I don’t know what went on with Troopers when they lost their nonprofit status, but I’m willing to bet it was merely a function of them not filing their IRS990. As I found out working on SCV stuff the IRS’s system merely terminates an organization’s nonprofit status as a function of not filing tax returns for three years in a row. There is no review or discussion. POOF!!!!!!!!! Terminated by an automated system.

Now, regarding Cadets…………… OMG……………… it is an organization that has Institutionalized Rape.

When I was a rookie with SCV there was a guard member that came all the way to SCV from the east coast, and was a prior Garfield Cadet Member. I asked her, why would you come all the way out here for SCV when Cadets is just as if not more competitive (in fact Cadets won DCI my rookie year).

She had said to me, “I’ll tell you about it someday”.

She never did.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW

I

GET

IT

There is no reason the Sacramento Freelancers needed to fold. They had as much bingo strength going for them as SCV or BD. However………. if you look at their last 990’s their own Snack Bar (for Bingo) is what killed them. They were losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on Snacks.

WTF??????????

Then the guy SCV forced out of operations management (who was covering up Bingo thefts) goes over to Freelancers and then they are totally done within a few years. They even appear to stop filing with the CA DOJ all together. He wasn’t there for the Snack Bar oddities, but he nailed the coffin shut. Probably too may folks putting their hands in the till.

NOW THAT GUY IS UP FOR THE SCV HALL OF FAME, while the person that ended the Bingo Fraud and became the Bingo Manager which resulted in SCV netting $19,000,000,000 over her tenure wasn’t voted in.

Let’s get back to the Cadets………………

I thought it very odd they announced they were taking 2024 off for financial reasons. After having spent a year on SCV and all their shenanigans I decided to check out Pennsylvania’s nonprofit and charity reporting and registrations.

So…………… I found out they failed to register as a Charity. Period. That is a fact. Anyone who disagrees is a liar and a fraud supporting a rape organization.   

Having learned my lesson with the nut fan base of SCV’s own management I figured I’d add a level of precaution to my poking around Cadets.

So I wrote the Pennsylvania Department of State confirming Cadet’s non registered status. I was very explicit, and gave them current and past Tax ID numbers and business addresses.

I end up getting a e-mail directly from the Dept of State of PA and yep, they confirm for me Cadets in their current form are not registered as a Charity. Again, if you disagree, take that up with the Dept of State of PA.

I post it here on DCP, and wow!!!!!!!!!! that gets shut down by forum mod’s in record time.

Not only that, the CEO of DCI Dan A. personally e-mails me saying the Cadets are good to go, and in compliance based on what the Cadets said to him.

COME ON GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forwarded you the communication DIRECTLY FROM THE PENN DEPT OF STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further……………….. the Cadets’ Media Manager e-mails me nonsense and a continuation of the organization’s lies.

Remember, at this time all I’ve done is point it out to DCI and DCP. I handed it to everyone on a silver plater as communicated by the PENN DEPT OF STATE and nope, the nuts are in denial.

Then no sooner did my DCP thread get censored by those protecting the rape organization did someone post the lawsuit documents. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK then……………. If that’s what the DCI CEO and Cadet’s Media Manager want to be, I can play that way too.

I file a formal complaint the Dept of State, and all I’m wanting is the disciplinary history associated with Hopkins to be annotated in the Nonprofit’s registration history.

See….. in Pennsylvania one can look up a nonprofit’s disciplinary and adverse action history tied to their Tax ID number. The Cadet’s have nothing pegged to them.

I submitted documents to correct that oversight.

Eventually…………….. an Investigator from Penn calls me on the phone, and e-mails me, and then I send him all the wonderful stuff going on currently with the Cadet lawsuit.

More or less his hands are tied until court action becomes finalized. I get it. To which I’m more than happy to keep him up to date. He and I more or less agreed that other things going on with Cadets overshadow my petty little complaint trying to get their history updated to reflect the rape the institution of Cadets, Holy Name, and Garfield supported over a lengthy period of their storied history everyone cherishes so much.

So between the Cavies, Cadets, Troopers, SCV, SoA, and I guess DCI itself it’s time to start being grownups, and stop ignoring the warning signs.

What I’m looking forward to is if something more current, say with SCV comes out and someone files a police report regarding physical abuse, or someone sues SCV welp…………………………

The chain of SCV’s and DCI’s history of ignoring whistleblower practices is going to bury them.

What I learned in the Army is that if someone wants to file a complaint to their Congressman regarding a military commander the Congressman’s office will ask if the complainant went to the Army Inspector General, the Army IG will ask if the complainant went to the soldiers chain of command, the chain of command will ask if the complainant went to the soldier’s first line leader.   

Sooooooooooooo…………… what there is now is the DCI CEO blowing off the Cadet complaint, there is the SCV/DCI board and ethics channel blowing off SCV complaints and there is the DCI permit of allowing SCV to compete and that is followed up by a Qualified Audit (to which I suspect no CPA here has ever read anything worse).

There are all these people jumping up and down on box of nitroglycerin expecting things to go on as they always have been.  

Edited by Richard Lesher

2 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

When SCV hired Jeff F for Exec. Dir. we thought we scored. SCV has problems retaining competitive leadership for years given our own problems, and he had the credentials and performance to dominate those conflicting personalities within SCV.

Then………….. it gets back to me the Cavie’s Board Chair had said he was disappointed to hear SCV picked up Jeff P.

WTF man…………… say something. I (we as a board) don’t know what’s going on elsewhere in DCI.

I don’t know what went on with Troopers when they lost their nonprofit status, but I’m willing to bet it was merely a function of them not filing their IRS990. As I found out working on SCV stuff the IRS’s system merely terminates an organization’s nonprofit status as a function of not filing tax returns for three years in a row. There is no review or discussion. POOF!!!!!!!!! Terminated by an automated system.

Now, regarding Cadets…………… OMG……………… it is an organization that has Institutionalized Rape.

When I was a rookie with SCV there was a guard member that came all the way to SCV from the east coast, and was a prior Garfield Cadet Member. I asked her, why would you come all the way out here for SCV when Cadets is just as if not more competitive (in fact Cadets won DCI my rookie year).

She never did.

NOW

I

GET

IT

There is no reason the Sacramento Freelancers needed to fold. They had as much bingo strength going for them as SCV or BD. However………. if you look at their last 990’s their own Snack Bar (for Bingo) is what killed them. They were losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on Snacks.

WTF??????????

Then the guy SCV forced out of operations management (who was covering up Bingo thefts) goes over to Freelancers and then they are totally done within a few years. They even appear to stop filing with the CA DOJ all together. He wasn’t there for the Snack Bar oddities, but he nailed the coffin shut. Probably too may folks putting their hands in the till.

NOW THAT GUY IS UP FOR THE SCV HALL OF FAME, while the person that ended the Bingo Fraud and became the Bingo Manager which resulted in SCV netting $19,000,000,000 over her tenure wasn’t voted in.

I thought it very odd they announced they were taking 2024 off for financial reasons. After having spent a year on SCV and all their shenanigans I decided to check out Pennsylvania’s nonprofit and charity reporting and registrations.

So…………… I found out they failed to register as a Charity. Period. That is a fact. Anyone who disagrees is a liar and a fraud supporting a rape organization.   

Having learned my lesson with the nut fan base of SCV’s own management I figured I’d add a level of precaution to my poking around Cadets.

So I wrote the Pennsylvania Department of State confirming Cadet’s non registered status. I was very explicit, and gave them current and past Tax ID numbers and business addresses.

I end up getting a e-mail directly from the Dept of State of PA and yep, they confirm for me Cadets in their current form are not registered as a Charity. Again, if you disagree, take that up with the Dept of State of PA.

I post it here on DCP, and wow!!!!!!!!!! that gets shut down by forum mod’s in record time.

Not only that, the CEO of DCI Dan A. personally e-mails me saying the Cadets are good to go, and in compliance based on what the Cadets said to him.

I forwarded you the communication DIRECTLY FROM THE PENN DEPT OF STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Further……………….. the Cadets’ Media Manager e-mails me nonsense and a continuation of the organization’s lies.

Remember, at this time all I’ve done is point it out to DCI and DCP. I handed it to everyone on a silver plater as communicated by the PENN DEPT OF STATE and nope, the nuts are in denial.

Then no sooner did my DCP thread get censored by those protecting the rape organization did someone post the lawsuit documents. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OK then……………. If that’s what the DCI CEO and Cadet’s Media Manager want to be, I can play that way too.

I file a formal complaint the Dept of State, and all I’m wanting is the disciplinary history associated with Hopkins to be annotated in the Nonprofit’s registration history.

See….. in Pennsylvania one can look up a nonprofit’s disciplinary and adverse action history tied to their Tax ID number. The Cadet’s have nothing pegged to them.

Eventually…………….. an Investigator from Penn calls me on the phone, and e-mails me, and then I send him all the wonderful stuff going on currently with the Cadet lawsuit.

More or less his hands are tied until court action becomes finalized. I get it. To which I’m more than happy to keep him up to date. He and I more or less agreed that other things going on with Cadets overshadow my petty little complaint trying to get their history updated to reflect the rape the institution of Cadets, Holy Name, and Garfield supported over a lengthy period of their storied history everyone cherishes so much.

So between the Cavies, Cadets, Troopers, SCV, SoA, and I guess DCI itself it’s time to start being grownups, and stop ignoring the warning signs.

What I’m looking forward to is if something more current, say with SCV comes out and someone files a police report regarding physical abuse, or someone sues SCV welp…………………………

The chain of SCV’s and DCI’s history of ignoring whistleblower practices is going to bury them.

What I learned in the Army is that if someone wants to file a complaint to their Congressman regarding a military commander the Congressman’s office will ask if the complainant went to the Army Inspector General, the Army IG will ask if the complainant went to the soldiers chain of command, the chain of command will ask if the complainant went to the soldier’s first line leader.   

Sooooooooooooo…………… what there is now is the DCI CEO blowing off the Cadet complaint, there is the SCV/DCI board and ethics channel blowing off SCV complaints and there is the DCI permit of allowing SCV to compete and that is followed up by a Qualified Audit (to which I suspect no CPA here has ever read anything worse).

There are all these people jumping up and down on box of nitroglycerin expecting things to go on as they always have been.  

DCI could really use something like an independent Inspector General. But to be effective they would need the power to force the member Corps to do things they may not want to do.  And as our Mr Ream will point out, that won’t happen.  

It reminds me of when I was in the Pentagon, you get to see how lots of Generals  operate; and they just can’t bring themselves to discipline each other.   It’s ok if a General is a serial adulterer, but if a captain or sergeant did it they would be court-martialed.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

She never did.

NOW

I

GET

IT

WTF??????????

I'm not going to dispute your characterization of the Cadets' rape culture history, however I do not believe for a second that anyone connected with that drum corps in 2023 had anything to do with that.  Their 165 members and 50 or so staff worked their butts off last year and put out a great show.  It is a shame those people are being held liable for sins committed before they were even born. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I'm not going to dispute your characterization of the Cadets' rape culture history, however I do not believe for a second that anyone connected with that drum corps in 2023 had anything to do with that.  Their 165 members and 50 or so staff worked their butts off last year and put out a great show.  It is a shame those people are being held liable for sins committed before they were even born. 

Yes, but the problem is that the sins didn’t stop happening before they were even born. They kept happening until GH (sidebar - still a member in the world drum corps hall of fame!!) was gone. 

20 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yes, but the problem is that the sins didn’t stop happening before they were even born. They kept happening until GH (sidebar - still a member in the world drum corps hall of fame!!) was gone. 

I agree....but still a shame.  The evil doers got away with it.  The current members paid the ultimate price.  At least in terms of their organization. 

I'm not crying crocodile tears...as a life long Boston supporter, I will say that many Cadets from 2023 have found a new home as Crusaders and they appear to be great additions to our organization.   It's just too bad their original corps got put down.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

I agree....but still a shame.  The evil doers got away with it.  The current members paid the ultimate price.  At least in terms of their organization. 

I'm not crying crocodile tears...as a life long Boston supporter, I will say that many Cadets from 2023 have found a new home as Crusaders and they appear to be great additions to our organization.   It's just too bad their original corps got put down.

This happens all the time with NCAA sports team.  The current team is penalized for past offenses.  Coaches that are long gone and the team is still paying for those sins. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

This happens all the time with NCAA sports team.  The current team is penalized for past offenses.  Coaches that are long gone and the team is still paying for those sins. 

Doesn’t help that the NCAA isn’t known for its bureaucratic consistency 

• Like 2