A Great Article on The Cadets

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If I win the lottery I will start the Velvet Knights of Virginia.  

KHlqf1xEPzFrr8xYrw.webp

• Haha 3

Cadets just put out a statement on social media distancing themselves.

==

Cadets Arts and Entertainment (CA&E) Board of Directors is aware of the recent announcements from Memphis Blues Performing Arts Association (MBPAA) and plans for their program offerings and renaming. CA&E feels it is important to state publicly that we have no formal or informal relationship with MBPAA, nor any plans for their programs. Our Board of Directors has not approved the sale, donation or loan of any assets of our organization to MBPAA. We wish them success in their future endeavors.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Slingerland said:

==

Cadets Arts and Entertainment (CA&E) Board of Directors is aware of the recent announcements from Memphis Blues Performing Arts Association (MBPAA) and plans for their program offerings and renaming. CA&E feels it is important to state publicly that we have no formal or informal relationship with MBPAA, nor any plans for their programs. Our Board of Directors has not approved the sale, donation or loan of any assets of our organization to MBPAA. We wish them success in their future endeavors.

👀

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

In today’s society? Oh it’s definitely going in the complainants favor. 

Not a betting person, usually, but unless there are some major bombshells that get dropped during trial, the complainant has a lot more work in front of them proving culpability than the defendants do showing none, and I'd put the odds at 3-2 in CAE's favor.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

www.cadetsofmemphis.org

nothing yet

FWIW, That domain was created on 15 January, did a whois lookup because I'm still a nerd. Domain ownership, in this case, is "redacted for privacy". 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

==

So if I am to deduce anything from this, someone is going rogue. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Not a betting person, usually, but unless there are some major bombshells that get dropped during trial, the complainant has a lot more work in front of them proving culpability than the defendants do showing none, and I'd put the odds at 3-2 in CAE's favor.

But even if Cadet’s defense prevails, they still will have considerable legal fees.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Forgot a word
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So if I am to deduce anything from this, someone is going rogue. 

And if we put our collective thinking caps on, we can probably all come up with some usual suspects. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

But even if Cadet’s defense prevails, they still will have considerable legal fees.  

Absolutely, but if ever there was a compelling fundraising message to get out to their alums and other legacy fans, "we defended ourselves successfully and are now ready to get back in business" is a solid one. 

That said, their Board may just be exhausted at this point and ready to call it, so there's that.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 4