Ten Year Anniversary Of Felliniesque

2 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Interesting tho-no matter how much the crowds in Allentown tried to downplay or appear blase about BD, no one ever left their seats when they took the field. 

you walk that hill for a bathroom break? you'd never make it back for whoever was next!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triple Forte said:

I’ve been going to Allentown since 1997 and I can say for sure Allentown recognizes and applaud’s excellence.  It is probably the most drum corps savvy and seasoned crowd the Corps face all summer.  
Unlike Bando Crowds, there are no give-me’s  in Allentown. 😊

J. Birney Crum....she don't lie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

2012 or 13. i wasn't in Indy for that. 2010 was through a glass darkly or whatever it was called. I actually remember people laughing at Dada in Allentown

I didn’t laugh but it was my least favorite BD show. I’ve liked them every year since 2014. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

crazy this is 10 years old. i never really was able to buy into fellini, probably just because i was too young and was exposed to it much later than most. it was undoubtedly one of the best performed programs of all time, but personally i never bought into it. the 2014 season was a behemoth for dci, one of the most interesting in recent time. i definitely am going to need to compare this season to 2014 both competitively, and how far we've come technically. 

BD 2012 exuded excellence.  

There isn't a theme a corps has done that isn't pretentious and silly even if it happens to be your personal favorite.  It's all just marching band that takes itself way too seriously.  People in crowds who try to make their opinion known to people around them are even more pretentious and silly.  Real weirdos.  Your opinion isn't that special no matter how many fellow weirdos get onboard with you. 

Every finals I went to there have been people like that.  Every adult rolls their eyes and tries to ignore them.  

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

There isn't a theme a corps has done that isn't pretentious and silly even if it happens to be your personal favorite.  It's all just marching band that takes itself way too seriously.  People in crowds who try to make their opinion known to people around them are even more pretentious and silly.  Real weirdos.  Your opinion isn't that special no matter how many fellow weirdos get onboard with you. 

Every finals I went to there have been people like that.  Every adult rolls their eyes and tries to ignore them.  

I didn’t say anything about it except to Jim.  It just wasn’t my bag.  Of course, it was executed beautifully.  I certainly wouldn’t laugh at it.  I still remember the Madison crowd booing 91 Star.  That was disgusting. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t laugh but it was my least favorite BD show. I’ve liked them every year since 2014. 

me too. i was a huge BD fan

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Lance said:

Amen Brother! 

Say it louder for the people in the back!

• Like 2