Cadets and bankruptcy

1 minute ago, kdaddy said:

Haven't other corps faced bankruptcy and returned? Didn't Boston Crusaders file for bankruptcy back when?

I don't believe so.  I think they were in some sort of receivership during 83-85 and were able to retire their debts and reclaim the full name after those 3 years.

I'm not an attorney, but it seems pretty clear that the judge has ruled if anyone ever comes out with a new corps that uses the identity in any way, they will also become a co-defendant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Fair point. But ultimately the plaintiff's lawyers had to know this would be the end result, right?

Hence adding DCI. Hard to keep a suit alive when there's no viable entity to sue.

12 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Haven't other corps faced bankruptcy and returned? Didn't Boston Crusaders file for bankruptcy back when?

This is a Chapter 7 filing, which is final liquidation of all assets. Chapter 11 is a reorganization tool, but 7 is turn off the lights and don't bother locking the front door.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Chapter 7 means going out of business (what the Cadets did). Chapter 11 allows for reorganization.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I mean according to the lawsuit this would’ve been pre GH I believe. Sure the GH stuff was bad and damaged the corps, but up until this lawsuit the corps was loosely financial stable enough to keep going. At least on a season to season basis. 

I believe GH was in Cadets management by 1982.  And the Tricia Nadoly articles clearly established that the GH assaults were happening at that time (I know several survivors).  So, by then management had set the tone allowing such behavior to occur.  And, as some in Cadets management in the 2010s said to a later victim- ‘GH will be GH’.  Cadets could have stopped it if they had the cajones to.  But they didn’t.  Reap what has been sown.  

My favorite all-time show is Appalachian Spring from 1987.  I will miss them.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe GH was in Cadets management by 1982.  And the Tricia Nadoly articles clearly established that the GH assaults were happening at that time (I know several survivors).  So, by then management had set the tone allowing such behavior to occur.  And, as some in Cadets management in the 2010s said to a later victim- ‘GH will be GH’.  Cadets could have stopped it if they had the cajones to.  But they didn’t.  Reap what has been sown.  

My favorite all-time show is Appalachian Spring from 1987.  I will miss them.  

Totally agree. Not everything can be fixed and one man really is at the center of it all.

My fav show of their’s was 2015, boy they were movin like no other!!