The Romantics - Blue Devils 2024

Chief, you know by now, no whining and crying from me! Personally, I think they have a 60% chance of getting a "fourpeat".  But there are several teams who will also bring their A game this summer, so we'll see what happens!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, craiga said:

Chief, you know by now, no whining and crying from me! Personally, I think they have a 60% chance of getting a "fourpeat".  But there are several teams who will also bring their A game this summer, so we'll see what happens!

Oh I wasn't referring to you brother. We know who they are lol. 

They'll be here in about a month or so, spew their nonsense, then if BD wins in August, they'll say they are done with DCI and never supporting the activity ever again..............only to show back up next June regurgitating the same crap from previous years lol. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I was just trying to get the whining and crying started early. Lol.

But now that I think of it, I screwed up and went out of order. 

First thing that is supposed to happen is to overreact to BDs Community Performance in Wyoming, when the show is literally bare bones and nothing of substance has been added yet. 

THEN I am supposed to cry West Coast Inflation after the first show. 

And I think the third thing is then make threads about performers sitting out like five years if they change corps to keep them from going to BD. 

Sigh, maybe I will get it right next year. 

Oh!  Let me play!

1. BD is finishing fourth this year!  That show is so weak!

2. Judges are ALREADY slotting BD in first because of last year's performance.

3. We should kick BD out of DCI, they're already basically professionals.

• Haha 4

April is a time for absurdity in this activity. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh!  Let me play!

The annual predictions thread lol.

ABBD crowd might get their wish and get a fourth-place finish from BD since one of the alleged BD payroll judges is with Phantom this year. 

Professionals that are so good, that they COULDN'T march "Insert Corps" show, but "Insert Corps" could totally march BDs show lol. How many times have we heard that one over the years lol.

• Like 2

I would LOVE it if BD did an all classical show. I still love the '98 show - wasn't that the one with Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet mixed with West Side Story. Old man memory lapse here, perhaps.

Yeah, that was the year. Thought it was too West Side Story heavy and didn't like mixing those two pieces, but when they played the Tchaikovsky it was simply glorious.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Vuitton said:

I would LOVE it if BD did an all classical show. I still love the '98 show - wasn't that the one with Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet mixed with West Side Story. Old man memory lapse here, perhaps.

Yeah, that was the year. Thought it was too West Side Story heavy and didn't like mixing those two pieces, but when they played the Tchaikovsky it was simply glorious.

Even though they won the Ott, BDs brass in 1998 is one of their most underrated hornlines ever. 

Maybe because they were sandwiched between gold medal shows in 97 and 99. But 98 always seems to get "lost in the sauce."

But I loved that show too. And the hornline was phenomenal!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Even though they won the Ott, BDs brass in 1998 is one of their most underrated hornlines ever. 

Maybe because they were sandwiched between gold medal shows in 97 and 99. But 98 always seems to get "lost in the sauce."

But I loved that show too. And the hornline was phenomenal!

I agree. It was a great hornline. Man would they do classical justice. I'd love an all Tchaikovsky show from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Someday, one who says that will be correct. If they say it every year they are bound to be right at some point, maybe in 2040 or 2050, but at some point. What goes up must come down and even the greatest dynasties fall.