Pre-Spring Move Ins Predictions

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Throws out insults and terms of emotionally feeble and then says to relax and enjoy.   Power on man, but jeez you seem bipolar

There's always at least one in every topic!

Not an insult to state an observation that there are some people (not all) on this forum that have toxic fan traits which yes, is a fierce emotional reaction to any non-positive remarks about their corps of choice. Obviously, I stepped in it by not saying the Mandarins are amazing and should be #5 this year. How dare I suggest they might be 6th bc we don’t know the impacts of SCV being back…oh, I’m positively awful and deserve 3 pages of hate bc of that benign remark. **eyeroll**

Btw—It’s sad you feel comfortable dogpiling on someone and directly insulting me as bipolar.  That, my friend, is exactly part of the behavior I’m calling out on here. 

Edited by NewArpege

9 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Not an insult to state an observation that there are some people (not all) on this forum that have toxic fan traits which yes, is a fierce emotional reaction to any non-positive remarks about their corps of choice. Obviously, I stepped in it by not saying the Mandarins are amazing and should be #5 this year. How dare I suggest they might be 6th bc we don’t know the impacts of SCV being back…oh, I’m positively awful and deserve 3 pages of hate bc of that benign remark. **eyeroll**

Btw—It’s sad you feel comfortable dogpiling on someone and directly insulting me as bipolar.  That, my friend, is part of the behavior I’m calling out on here. 

Chatroom bipolar, way different.  Or I can say hypocritical, or whatever.  1 of a 100 ways to explain it..  You cant get angry and throw insults and then blame others for the negativity.  Just either be you and own your insults without trying to say others started it (albeit doesnt seem that way on this thread) or dont go that route and stay positive.

There are definitely people on here that love to stir up trouble.  However the debate around Mandarins never resulted in any negativity, bullying, or insults until you typed them.  There however was debate and counterpoints provided.  Either way, power on, support the corps, keep with the opinions, but perhaps stay away from the toxicity you say you hate about DCP.  Good day.  No feelings were hurt in the typing of this response!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NewArpege said:

Again, who cares.  The world continues to spin. I support your ability to have your own opinion. But I’m not gonna change mine just bc some posters are emotionally feeble and want to shut down any discussion they don’t like about corps they are fans of. 

hi! quick point of order....

i'm the dominant ######## here. Please allow me to be that guy. i have 22 years of practice here at it.

thanks! and to be technical, anymore, philly is Jersey West

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Edited :

Never mind, I made a prediction ( Which I never do ) Then thought about it, better I don'. Top 5  usually can be anyone's game....Best of luck to Boston !😁

i predict i wont capialize letters triggering some and calling you dude, therefore triggering you

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jimmyjames said:

Ya'll sleeping on Pioneer. It's their comeback year, I can feel it in my bones. 

thats the laugh i needed today

9 minutes ago, NewArpege said:

Btw—It’s sad you feel comfortable dogpiling on someone and directly insulting me as bipolar.  That, my friend, is part of the behavior I’m calling out on here. 

Personally I had no issue with where you ranked the Mandarins. You could have ranked them 105th.

I only questioned your reasoning for their ranking, which is you believe the Mandarins benefitted from SCV not touring, which is not true.

So let me ask you this. Spartans were the 2023 OC Champs. BDB fielded a corps, but opted not to go to finals. Should we question the Spartans Gold Medal because they didn't go head-to-head with BDB? 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

hi! quick point of order....

i'm the dominant ######## here. Please allow me to be that guy. i have 22 years of practice here at it.

thanks! and to be technical, anymore, philly is Jersey West

Hey there to another PA guy!  😀

34 minutes ago, spacewill said:

Chatroom bipolar, way different.  Or I can say hypocritical, or whatever.  1 of a 100 ways to explain it..  You cant get angry and throw insults and then blame others for the negativity.  Just either be you and own your insults without trying to say others started it (albeit doesnt seem that way on this thread) or dont go that route and stay positive.

There are definitely people on here that love to stir up trouble.  However the debate around Mandarins never resulted in any negativity, bullying, or insults until you typed them.  There however was debate and counterpoints provided.  Either way, power on, support the corps, keep with the opinions, but perhaps stay away from the toxicity you say you hate about DCP.  Good day.  No feelings were hurt in the typing of this response!

We were taught to say “You have a very nice drum corps this year. “

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Personally I had no issue with where you ranked the Mandarins. You could have ranked them 105th.

I only questioned your reasoning for their ranking, which is you believe the Mandarins benefitted from SCV not touring, which is not true.

So let me ask you this. Spartans were the 2023 OC Champs. BDB fielded a corps, but opted not to go to finals. Should we question the Spartans Gold Medal because they didn't go head-to-head with BDB? 

Not to offend anyone, but I’ve never followed the non-World Class corps. So I don’t know anything about them to comment. 

In no way am I trying to take anything away from the Mandarians achievements.  Bottom line is they earned their 6th place finish last year. Their show was epic. But I also think it’s 100% fair to question if their rise was partly enabled by SCV not being there. That’s not a slam. It was a quick rise to 6th that coincided with a top 4 corp in the same geographic footprint not being around. If SCV had been around Mandarins may have been 7th or 8th last year, which isn’t a stretch. So I really don’t know what is going to happen this year. My gut is SCV will slide back to 7-8th place while they rebuild, and I think Mandarins hold firm at 6th for now. But totally, a guess. 

I really don’t want any of that to read as a diss though. It’s not intended to be. 

Edited by NewArpege

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

The question that is really relevant is ‘How many 2023 Mandarins members left Mandarins to try out for 2024 SCV?’

2023 Mandarins were lightning in a bottle.  Coolest show of the year.  

Chief - if it isn’t classified, can you find out how many auditioned for Mandarins this season?   I suspect they had far more auditionees than 2023.  

Now the question that might get me In trouble- How many Mandarins cast-offs (who didn’t make the cut) went to SCV?   

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
More better English
  • Like 2