Most under rated Brass

I resemble that remark!

And holy crap were they ever LOUD! Yet, they pulled off "Got it Bad..." with such a soft touch.

Too bad the only 'coats hornline mentioned here was mentioned by a 'coat. Guess that just proves how overlooked they really are.

Were you in the drumline in 90? I remember talking to dave bob sometime during the season and he was telling me how during horn only marching ensemble rehearsals that the show would smoke then when they played it with the drumline the tempos would be all over the place causing the hornline to not be as efficient.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I was. And yes, there were some issues. Some of it was a lacadasical drumline, and some of if was staging issues (that were intensified when the drums were inserted into their location). Depends on what song/section it was happening.

When I marched in the 70's with the Blue Stars, one group that seemed to always catch my ear was the Emerald Knights from Iowa. They always seemed to have some great lead soprano's and I would think to myself, "why don't they come to La Crosse and march with a top 12 corps?"

Interesting that someone also had '79 and '80 Guardsmen listed, as 2 of the soprano soloists in those years came from the Emerald Knights!

Gary Stoodley

Schaumburg Guardsmen 1980

Cavaliers 76. Too bad we had to deal with BD that year who were untouchable in horns.

May I add Argonne Rebels?

Yes you may, although I would have to say that Argonne Rebels had the premeir horn line of their time, which I have stated for the record, your Honor, many times. :satisfied:

To the Argonne Rebels and Sandra Opie :wub:

Yes you may, although I would have to say that Argonne Rebels had the premeir horn line of their time, which I have stated for the record, your Honor, many times. :music:

To the Argonne Rebels and Sandra Opie :tic:

I still think that Argonne, even though they were premier at the time...today they only get their props from a few of us that remember.

I still think that Argonne, even though they were premier at the time...today they only get their props from a few of us that remember.

Than we need to spread the Gospel of Opie!!!!

You guys give me the recordings, I'll do the Fed time ^0^

Than we need to spread the Gospel of Opie!!!!

You guys give me the recordings, I'll do the Fed time ^0^

One year they played the Star SWpangled Banner in 4/4 time...what year? 1975?