Advise Me!

:huh: I am planning to treat myself to one Legacy DVD this Christmas, and I have decided to go pre - 1982. Please tell me what I should buy!

What season before 82, to you, stands out as an incredible season? :whistle: One where not only the top corps was absolutely amazing, but all twelve? When one of any three or four corps could have, SHOULD have won it all?

If you convince me of your year, you will receive, at no cost to you, the satisfaction of knowing you have made me extremely happy. :)

If, for some reason, you nominate a year AFTER 82, I'd like to hear about that too.

Thanks!

Chip

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with, in this order:

80, 79, 81, 75 or 76

I'd go 1980

BD wins

27th in 2nd (highest placement in DCI)

Bridgemen in 3rd (Highest placement in DCI), and 1st year for their drum 3-peat

Spirit in 4th (highest placement in DCI)...notable not only for the show itself (Let it be Me....yummmmmy!), but for the tragic loss of Jim Ott on tour. Watch for the ENTIRE staff surrounding the drum major podium to share in the show at the push...and some incredible body language as the entire corps tries to let Jim hear them.

Post 82...I;d go 84, 85, or 86...classic years

I have 1974-82.

I would go 1975, 76 , 78, 80

Great years!!

:whistle:  I am planning to treat myself to one Legacy DVD this Christmas, and I have decided to go pre - 1982.  Please tell me what I should buy!

Chip, if you buy '79, you can print off my "25th Anniversary" thread and have your own personalized liner notes!!!!! B)

I definately agree with the nomination of 1980, but I also think besides 1978 ( my husband marched that year), you should consider 1977. That's the year with the bonus track of the Bridgemen, incredible! :whistle: