You May Be An Old Phart if...

When you leave a drum corps show and wonder why you can still hear

When the person in front of you tells you to shut up because he cannot here the clarinet solo,....even with the amp on full blast

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread!

You may be an old pharte if you can remember snare drums that sounded great and could actually be HEARD!

Oh, and serious rudiments, a tick system, and judges who had an ear for an error!

You remember M&M, GE, parades before shows, ten pound rifles, no music majors in the corps, color pre, off the line, concerts, closers, inspections, NOT being on PBS or having a video of your shows, local participation and local support, and when the Midwest ruled!

But most of all, you're probably an old pharte if you're in this thread and don't really understand or recognize today's drum corps scene (and dare I add not even attend shows anymore?) - and concur on the "each corps had its own individual personality/identity" as well!

Ok when men were men and snare drummers got their snardleys caught in the leg rest!

Kingsmen Snare 1977 1978

The guard wore holsters.

Everbody wore (the same) head gear.

You didn't need to stretch before marching rehearsal.

The guard was the most feared part of the corps. (LancerFi knows)

Rocketman - That 70's guy

ampssuck

You may be an old Phart if: You played contra for ten years and you develop a

slight lean to the left!!!

Or if you go the the grocery store and carry a bag of softener salt like a contra:

on your left shoulder!!!! B)

You may be an old Phart if: You played contra for ten years and you develop a

slight lean to the left!!!

Or if you go the the grocery store and carry a bag of softener salt like a contra:

on your left shoulder!!!! B)

I agree, whenever I am carrying a large piece of wood around my shop it always goes on my left shoulder.......

Your also old if you remember NO corps had semi's, and the Bridgemen horns and guard were the only corps that "marked time" with their toes! B)

In addition to hurting one's "snardleys" (LOVE that term!), mongo bruises on left thigh from same leg rest!  Eternal bruise on inner edge of right knee from same!

Do you still walk with a slightly stiff left leg? cause I do

Dave Devlin

Kingamen Snare 1977 1978

Edited by 77kingsmensnare