Favorite Drum Corps Personality

Uncle Willie -  T-Birds A-squad leader with a spring loaded flag pole that shot up in the air for the color pre.

The giant cymbal player in the 70s Rochester Crusaders.  I think... brain cells failing... daisy... dai.... sy... I can feel... it... Dave.... anyway, he played the biggest cymbals ever and used to stick them together with suction, throw em up in the air and make the catch.  His arms looked like legs.  Anyone?....

Uncle Willie - one of my buds from the T-Birds. OK he was everyones buddy. Everytime we were at the same show a couple of us always tried to talk to him :) At practice he had a shirt with a little green imp giving the finger. (Picture a 50ish guy wearing this shirt.) Willie said it was his "corps shirt" as the T-Birds were also green.

John "Curly Crusader" Zona(sp?) played the cymbals. All I remember is the line "Hey Telly Savalas (Kojack) and Yul Brenner have shaved heads and are sex symbols. Why can't I have a shaved head and be a sex symbol." :P Too much!! :P

Both great and friendly guys.

My second year we had Chris "the Crazed Pollack" Barzinski(sp!!!) plaing sop with us. Think he played with Sky a few years then he decided "#### it, I want a year where I can just have fun" and joined us. We were just trying to survive a full year back on the field so there was no pressure to win. His favorite shirt was a frowning frog that said "I'm so happy I could just crap" (OK the word wasn't crap).

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Time for another discussion of the drum instructor named "ghost"  :) !!

I agree....

Sara...you CAN'T post a pic of George without telling the tale behind it....

Edit!

I think I'll put another picture of G up, not the my Profile photo, but one of my favorites, I shouldn't say that, they're all my favorites!

Edited by LancerFi

Yes, Yes!!!!

More George!