Favorite Street Beat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavalier's bass drum beat coming on and off the field, "Iowa" (Larry McCormick classic!).

OMG YES - you always knew who was coming when you heard that bass drum beat. I never knew it had a "formal" name.

I remember when we joined 27th, several of us timp players would play it together as a warmup.

Another classic was Boston Crusaders single bass drum beat (on Waldo) to exit the field.

My fav all time drum warmup is BD's Ditty - any year. Watching them play it was as much fun as listening to them play it.

OMG YES - you always knew who was coming when you heard that bass drum beat. I never knew it had a "formal" name.

I remember when we joined 27th, several of us timp players would play it together as a warmup.

Another classic was Boston Crusaders single bass drum beat (on Waldo) to exit the field.

My fav all time drum warmup is BD's Ditty - any year. Watching them play it was as much fun as listening to them play it.

In Garfield when I marched, we always entered and exited to a straight bass thump...my dad always liked that, for some reason.

Blue Rock had a neat little bass drum ditty they used when moving around.

Mike

For some strange reason, this thread reminded me of a very interesting cadence I heard during a parade by the Nisei Ambassadors - sometime around 69/70 - something very syncopated and unique that I'd never heard before - anyone else ever hear it?

Someone mentioned the Cavies bass beat, but you can't forget 'boogie down' which they used in the 80's

I remember Sky in mid 80's when their basses played the 'green acres' theme song.

"spider' from suncoast is always a winner.

I liked phantom's streetbeats in the mid to late 80's always very hard to march to.

I remember in 1989 or 90 when my nephew marched with Glassmen their Tenors played the Mario Brothers theme, it was kinda cool.

I remember in 1989 or 90 when my nephew marched with Glassmen their Tenors played the Mario Brothers theme, it was kinda cool.

Woah! Dang. That flashback just hit me smack in the face! That was '90. Some good and friendly people in that line. I went to college with one of those tenors.

Woah!  Dang.  That flashback just hit me smack in the face!  That was '90.  Some good and friendly people in that line. I went to college with one of those tenors.

All very nice but,...... WHERE ‘S THE MEAT

Meat, BAC circa 1963, and still a gas.

Gerry Loved, anything that made it difficult to,

march or even stay in step.