some old corps photos

The top picture above from 1990 IS Boston----if you look closely, you can make out the gold drums and 50 gold flags on stands behind the corps celebrating BAC's 50th. Great Al Murray drum line that year, btw.

it was funny because in 1990 I seem to recall counting the flags and there was only 48.

You miscounted--there were fifty, each anchored in a patio umbrella base filled with sand and carried on by each member of the horn line. BAC had 54 horns in 1990, so we had four kids who didn't have to carry a base. Eacg base was numbered and placed in in specific spot by the horn player. We used sand only because the water we tried at first was too labor intensive(and HEAVIER than the sand).

For those who were asking about pink unis many pages ago...Here's the Mandarins, not sure of year.

scan0012.jpg

Any help??? I think my husband said that one of them is a corps from the UK, maybe???

scan0014.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0015.jpg

k, official word from the husband is that these are from the 1988 parade of Champions. The corps with the red sparkles and no hats is Kiwanis Kavaliers. The bottom is the Railmen. The one beneath Mandarins is the Daggenham (sp?) Crusaders from England as was mentioned.

k, official word from the husband is that these are from the 1988 parade of Champions. The corps with the red sparkles and no hats is Kiwanis Kavaliers. The bottom is the Railmen. The one beneath Mandarins is the Daggenham (sp?) Crusaders from England as was mentioned.

Are you sure that pic below Mandarins is Dagenham?? In 86 we wore BD-style unis...british corps never had much money, so I can't see a wholesale uniform change in conjunction with a US trip.

Then again...one or both may have been the cause of the corps folding the following year...

Dagenham had changed their name to the British Crusaders by 1988. That's the corps in red and gold.

Edited by tommytimp

also the corps without hats is definately not Kiwanis Kavaliers, since they used to wear a red BD style uniform in the late 80's.

also the corps without hats is definately not Kiwanis Kavaliers, since they used to wear a red BD style uniform in the late 80's.

Sorry to correct you, but that is definitely Kiwanis. I marched KK in 1982 and can identify most of the snare line - starting on the right is Jeff Chubbs, Shane Morris, Scott Blandford and then I have a hard time seeing after that.