some old corps photos

Same for the Snare & Tenor line in "Free". We had to not only rotate the line but we also had to simultaneously move backfield, effectively moving two directions at once. I know the kids of today would laugh at that but I remember us talking about how crazy the drum line drill was. More than a few steps away from the 50 and we started getting real nervous :thumbup: .

Yeah, those were some nasty floating turns. I believe that was happening at the same time as the rotating and floating X's (or +'s if you prefer) in the baris and sops. Drums rotated around us middle horns during our feature. Free really was a tough drill all around, and it really doesn't look like it because it flows so well. It's nice to appreciate it after all these years.

Edited by BDCorno

Funny seeing the marching keyboards. LOL.

Hmmmm......back in '79 what struck me as funny was the "hey, let's put the shortest guy on the biggest keyboard" thing:

1979cavies17.jpg

(That's Geoff Thursby on the vibes)

Been looking through all those new pics for an "old school contra guy" sighting, but to no avail !

I found one of you... but I had to go wayyyyy back to the beginning of this thread and back when you actually marched:

pppullmanband1885tuba.jpg

So how was it playing at Abraham Lincoln's inaugural?

:thumbup::thumbup:

I just remembered that I have these photos that I took of Crossmen from July 2000, rehearsing in Ogdensburg, N.Y., prior to the show that night:

2000crossmen1.jpg

2000crossmen2.jpg

2000crossmen3.jpg

2000crossmen4.jpg

2000crossmen5.jpg

2000crossmen6.jpg

Our very own Chuck Naffier (arrangerX):

2000crossmen7.jpg

Edited by byline

I found one of you... but I had to go wayyyyy back to the beginning of this thread and back when you actually marched:

pppullmanband1885tuba.jpg

So how was it playing at Abraham Lincoln's inaugural?

:thumbup::thumbup:

At least WE had valves ! Looks like you didn't back in your day !

leggett_procession_with_conch_shell.jpg

This is the Kingsmen at the 74 CYO Nationals.

kmen74.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is 1978

troopers78.jpg

troop78-9.jpg

Hmmmm......back in '79 what struck me as funny was the "hey, let's put the shortest guy on the biggest keyboard" thing:

1979cavies17.jpg

(That's Geoff Thursby on the vibes)

And the biggest guy on the smallest keyboard.

I'm pretty sure this is 1978

troopers78.jpg

troop78-9.jpg

I'll have to check on this, but I think the triple on the left is Milward Simpson, the current BOD president of the Troopers. And I'm pretty sure the snare with the 'stache is Gabe Luchetta, former Americanos and Troopers corps director and current BK BOD member.

Edited by troopers1

And I'm pretty sure the snare with the 'stache is Gabe Luchetta, former Americanos and Troopers corps director and current BK BOD member.

Isn't that blond snare (3rd from left) Lyle Mikolanz ??? I know he marched Toopers in '79 'cause he marched with me in '80. :thumbup:

John

Edited by john2780