some old corps photos

Re: Charlie Groh. He's bigger, so I'm taking that as a compliment.

I'm going down to see him on June 24th at DCI in Long Beach, CA. It's been 30+ years.

The same for my Kingsmen Alumni brothers and sisters both old and new.

I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa I'm so excited!

I hope he lets Moose pull the sleigh!

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

I'm going down to see him on June 24th at DCI in Long Beach, CA.  It's been 30+ years. 

RON HOUSLEY

Well...coolness...I'll be the "Voice of Southern California" that night, so I hope to be able to meet you personally. You'll at least be able to hear me, that's for sure. And I'm sure Moose will be there, too.

Should I start a 13 day count down for you? :blink:

That's OK. I got my own calendar going on. Moose is going to be at the Kingsmen Luncheon earlier in the day. Already checked in with him.

Oh, and before I forget....again.....besides being smaller than Mr. Groh, another difference between us is:

CHARLIE DON'T SURF!

Been waiting years to say that.....I feel much better.

See you down there, Ryan. This is gonna be fun! We'll spill a little in respect for The Homies no longer with us, too.

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

That's OK.  I got my own calendar going on.  Moose is going to be at the Kingsmen Luncheon earlier in the day.  Already checked in with him.

Oh, and before I forget....again.....besides being smaller than Mr. Groh, another difference between us is:

CHARLIE DON'T SURF!

Been waiting years to say that.....I feel much better.

See you down there, Ryan.  This is gonna be fun!  We'll spill a little in respect for The Homies no longer with us, too.

RON HOUSLEY

Charlie don't surf!!! Classic. That is just awesome. Ron I'll see you on the 24th for sure bro.

Indeed the highlight of the summer for me! After this month it's probably back to the old grind:

Eat...Sleep...Surf...and Flirt with DaKine Wahines.

But you never know. I could just show up in the thick of it grinnin' like a hungry rat sniffin' real good cheese....

All Respect,

RON HOUSLEY

Edited by ffernbus3

I'll be there on the 24th too......I will be performing with Dream.

Darla

Right on....see you there.

I think I remember that storm, that was in 1977, we were finished our show and  were watching Argonne Rebels. As soon as they finished their show all #### broke loose!!!  :tic:  :worthy:

I think 27th Lancers were next to go on, right???  :music:

You guys didn't perform that night, did you??  <**>

The storm I'm talking about happened in 78. I didn't march in 77. I think the show that night of the storm we experienced was an exhibition because of the bad field conditions. We had a stretch of shows out there plagued by bad weather if my memory serves.

ag10244_jpg.jpg

Avants Gardes Very frist DCI 1975 Philly

ag10245_jpg.jpg

Drum Major Jerry Kaiser - 1979 Avant Garde