Matched Grip- Who's next?

LuvsPAisTe

SCV's snare line is going matched grip this season, as most here know. They started the trend in the late 70's and many followed. Any predictions as to who's going to be the next snareline to do it too? It's probably too late for this season, but maybe 2006?

My baseless prediction:

Div I - Blue Knights

Div II - Impulse and SCV Cadets

Div III- Mystikal

.....or, will SCV return to traditional grip next year?

Edited by LuvsPAisTe

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV did not start the trend, Argonne Rebels played matched in the early 70's.

Well, SCV seems to be rekindling the flame this decade.

I predict The Cadets will be next. Both they and SCV have a nack for changing the standards of the activity.

Nobody followed them when they did it mid 90's. Why do you think it will happen this time?

how do you know there is no doubt....some people *like myself* are really against matched grip snare in drum corps. a couple might try it, but if only a few corps followed them on the slanted snares, I think only a few will follow with the matched grip. And then just like SCV with their previous attempts at matched grip and slanted snares, they will revert back to traditional

...because winning drumlines get copied. If SCV wins high drums again this season, there is no doubt more lines will play matched.

IMO, SCV will be lucky to be top 4 in drums this year because of the staff and grip changes. I know for a fact they have, lets say, "youth" in their snareline. I also know there were many talented and experienced players who chose not to go there over this very issue. I agree with CS, I just don't see major change, regardless of how SCV finishes. Nothing against SCV. they're a great corps, but this could backfire on them.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

SCV's snare line is going matched grip this season, as most here know. They started the trend in the late 70's and many followed. Any predictions as to who's going to be the next snareline to do it too? It's probably too late for this season, but maybe 2006?

My baseless prediction:

Div I  - Blue Knights

Div II - Impulse and SCV Cadets

Div III- Mystikal

.....or, will SCV return to traditional grip next year?

As soon as I read the question BK popped into my head...seeing as they were the first to copy the tilted snares.