Talk about over reacting!

And here's my call, again, for any Sunrisers past or present:

For the sake of the current Sunrisers, DON'T send this guy any old corps songs, anonymously or not. It ain't worth any trouble it might cause for the corps as it continues to try and move up the ladder in DCA.

For crissakes, GIVE IT UP, Jaminbenb.  Remember that the Westshoremen ARE NO LONGER AROUND as a competition corps, so there would be few if any ramifications to posting your corps tunes here.  For the Sunrisers (and other corps that are still competing against one another) it could be a different story. 

If you still don't "get" it, then I can't help you.  Sheesh.

Fran

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, couldn't remember emough of the wilder ones to post, so I dug out the journal. Unfortuantly it turned out to be ther year 2 journal, so the only words were Bill's. Since we were 90% high schoolers, the pause (and implied rhyme that wasn't) was hilarious.

Don't remember the melody, but the words are by our brass caption head Bill Wear who marched Southernairs, and, I think, Bleu Raiders.

Well, It wouldn't be drum corps if you weren't stuck on the side of the road.

Yes, It wouldn't be drum corps if you weren't stuck on the side of the road.

You migh not be stuck, some one may need to (dramatic pause) go to the comode.

Well, It wouldn't be drum corps if it weren't hury up and wait.

Yes, It wouldn't be drum corps if it weren't hury up and wait.

Maybe they're just some ????can't read my handwriting???? constipate.

Well, It wouldn't be drum corps if your food was tasty.

Yes, It wouldn't be drum corps if your food was tasty.

It may not be tasty, but at least it's not pasty.

Well, It wouldn't be drum corps if your busses were new.

Yes, It wouldn't be drum corps if your busses were new.

Would someone please tell me why the he!! these busses are blue.

(The busses were bought by the Bleu Raiders circa 1968 or 69 and inherted by the Southernairs and later Expressions. Yes that means our busses toured in corps before we were born :worthy: )

I really, really wish I had written down the pit song, as it was created by making a list of all the curse words they collectivly knew and finding rhymes. Ah, the things that are gone forever.

Talk about over reacting!

Over-reacting? Not really. You're just pissing me off, that's all. ^0^

And, in my opinion, you're also dissing the Sunrisers, big-time. How? By continually trying to get someone from the corps to post stuff that simply does not belong in a public forum, in any way, shape or form.

Just my opinion, that's all.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Over-reacting?  Not really.   You're just pissing me off, that's all.    ^0^

And, in my opinion, you're also dissing the Sunrisers, big-time.  How? By continually trying to get someone from the corps to post stuff that simply does not belong in a public forum, in any way, shape or form.

Fran

You're not overreacting, Fran.

Only us Sunrisers know the importance of keeping our songs out of public view.

:)

*edit - I know that most of the drum corps population knows the importance of keeping corps songs secret, but the Sunrisers, like alot of other corps, hold a level of class that IMO would be tarnished if some of those songs made the light of day.

Edited by tmignemi02

Here's an oldie but a goodie.........One of the TBIRDS many BUS songs.......

Feel free to sing along..............O.K. here goes:

###### #%^ it #### you #########er %&**$#

####### %^$#** (insert laugh here) SOooooooooo %#### and

Here's to the fact that I metcha....and I bet I'd letcha again if I metcha I betcha........ :worthy:

.......Catchy isn't it..........Feel free to use it as your own..........

(Hey........at least it rhymes..... b**bs )

Here's an oldie but a goodie.........One of the TBIRDS many BUS songs.......

Feel free to sing along..............O.K. here goes:

######    #%^ it #### you #########er  %&**$#

#######    %^$#** (insert laugh here) SOooooooooo %#### and

Here's to the fact that I metcha....and I bet I'd letcha again if I metcha I betcha........ :worthy:

.......Catchy isn't it..........Feel free to use it as your own..........

(Hey........at least it rhymes..... b**bs )

:worthy:

To quote Stripes..."Lighten up Francis!" ($1. to Sgt. Hulka)

Nothing against the Sunrisers Fran...My guess is that the songs aren't worth hearing!

The call is out to anyone, Sunriser whomever...The fact that YOU GUYS are making such a big deal out of it takes the fun out of what the threads intention was!

The call came out for anonymous emails to me...Whomever sends them doesn't even have to tell me WHICH corps originated them, as far as anyone would know, they would be just edited and posted...

You can pass over this forum if you don't like it's content..and that's just MY opinion!

Over-reacting?  Not really.   You're just pissing me off, that's all.    ^0^

And, in my opinion, you're also dissing the Sunrisers, big-time.  How? By continually trying to get someone from the corps to post stuff that simply does not belong in a public forum, in any way, shape or form.

Fran

Edited by Jaminbenb

You're not overreacting, Fran.

Only us Sunrisers know the importance of keeping our songs out of public view.

:)

*edit - I know that most of the drum corps population knows the importance of keeping corps songs secret, but the Sunrisers, like alot of other corps, hold a level of class that IMO would be tarnished if some of those songs made the light of day.

And THAT'S what I meant by..."Anyone that's ever marched as a Sunriser,SHOULD understand"

(STILL..IMHO)

Tony B)

To quote Stripes..."Lighten up Francis!"

Nothing against the Sunrisers Fran...My guess is that the songs aren't worth hearing!

(Missing THE point?)

The call is out to anyone, Sunriser whomever...The fact that YOU GUYS are making such a big deal out of it takes the fun out of what the threads intention was!

The call came out for anonymous emails to me...Whomever sends them doesn't even have to tell me WHICH corps originated them, as far as anyone would know, they would be just edited and posted...

(THAT'S just it....Sunrisers WOULD know "WHICH" corps originated them)

You can pass over this forum if you don't like it's content..and that's just MY opinion!

(If Fran's comments and opinions are to YOUR dislike, perhaps, you could pass over this forum?...or has THIS become something other than an "open" forum?)

AND thank god WE live in America!! (THAT'S MY OPINION..worth?,about 2 cents)

(And these comments are mine and only mine)

TONY  B)