Biggest messups in DCI history?

Cavies, Spincycle - during the part where the corps was sitting down, and people were getting up and playing quick rips and then sitting down again, the fourth "soloist" must have been really nervous or something cause all the notes were really weird-sounding.

hope i dont offend you, Fourth-Spinning-Cavie-Soloist, if youre reading this.

Yes, as others have mentioned already this "weird sounding" solo was done on purpose. I got to watch them practice this section of the show many times that year...

The Cadets rifle drop during the silent rifle feature in 2001. Man I felt bad for that guy.

This was the 2002 show, not 2001.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

85 Cavies....one poor guard guy got the butt end of his flagpole caught in the shoulders wings on his uniform at the end of "Mars".

'Course, it always seems that if you're in the guard and drop equipment, THAT is when you get your one and only closeup on the broadcast...86 BD comes to mind...same for the backsticking flub before the long roll and turn backfield in the drum feature.

The thing is, there's ALWAYS going to be some flaw in the show...tjat's the nature of a live performance with s lot of people involved, especially with something as intricate as drum corps.

Once you release the arrow you can't call it back...so if you flub, you go on to the next task.

i'm really surprised no one has mentioned this one....it was a BIG one. '84 Regiment, OTL, DCI finals. the crowd yelled, "SUTA" at the exact WRONG (!!!!!!!!!!) moment, and half of the corps (the half that was facing backfield) missed the stepoff.

yep, i was one of them.....

Ü

jan

but it only took 2 counts to recover!

Edited by skywnch320970

Haven't read through the 7 pages of replies yet, so this may be redundant....

Garfield Cadets at Whitewater in 1984....the domino effect at the tail end of the Z pull when the last kid bit it....and then next, and the next and the next. Yikes! Scary to watch, but whatta recovery. They still won marching too. D'oh!

In my opinion, the biggest messup in DCI history was the Bridgemen disqualification from DCI finals in 1977 (or 78?).  It was a travesty.

On the part of the Bridgemen or DCI???

89 SCV-- Finals. Watch the far-end snare at the end of the opener. Everyone else halts, he takes two more steps to fix his alignment.

93 Cavies. Finals. Wet field. The ugly snake.

91-92 Cavies-- Pick a soloist.

Haven't read through the 7 pages of replies yet, so this may be redundant....

Garfield Cadets at Whitewater in 1984....the domino effect at the tail end of the Z pull when the last kid bit it....and then next, and the next and the next. Yikes! Scary to watch, but whatta recovery. They still won marching too. D'oh!

'Sokay, Martha...SCV won the show that night, so BD was happy (I mean, if WE didn;t win we pulled for you...west is best and all that...)

Was told this - but was too young to be there. 1969 Kilties drum major - after concert - forgets to give the command "Horns up" - and proceeds to give a "Mark time march" command. The hornline freaked - some raise their horns to play - others didn't. Need some dinosaur to confirm this.

(Pre-DCI I know, but a huge contributor to DCI when it was formed.)

'88 Spirit. The whole show was a mistake.