Biggest messups in DCI history?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Americanos 2003, Louisville, Kentucky. Americanos DM completely forgot a change that the staff put in during a rehearsal and just stopped conducting.

So I've been told...

SCV 92, the missing note during the sop solo in the beginning of the show

Crossmen 90, drum lick before the drum solo in caravan.

####TY MANAGEMENT OF A ONCE STRONG AND PROUD DRUM AND BUGLE THAT CAUSED IT TO COLLAPSE BECAUSE OF (did I already say this?) CRAPPY MANAGEMENT AND THE IRS???? DOES THAT COUNT?

Oh you said performance issues....

Well....

It IS a performance issue.

They can't perform anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to drill designing....

Uh, we're talking about things that have actually gone wrong in shows.

How about the train wreck of a cross-tempo for SCV during the Bottle Dance in 1982.  That wasn't just one person.

The big problem there was the Bottle Dance came as a surprise addition and the fans went berserk. The fans were so loud there was no way anyone in the audience could hear what SCV was playing....they could only see what was happening. Couple that with the acoustics of playing under the partial Montreal Olympic Stadium half-dome and it was so loud the members of the corps couldn't hear a thing.

I wasn't even aware there was a problem on the field until the recordings came out, as was everyone else I personally asked about it after listening to the recording. And it was a huge thing once one couldn't actually hear it.

Mike

Ever hear the second screech soloist at the end of Kilties' "Auld Lang Syne" (pyramiding screech chord feature) in 1975? I remember being in the stands after performing and hearing it live.

Mike