Biggest messups in DCI history?

I keep see post that BD 90 had an early entrance by a half count. NOPE, it was written that way. The pit kinda covers up that pick up in the hornline to get into the loud section. I have the score to this and have the original cast recording of Tommy, and it has the same pickup.

As far as a messup, I saw cadets in 1998. this show was in tennessee after a brutal storm..... They did the block build at the beginning and quite a few people fell in the process. I am glad no one was hurt, BUT it created a good laugh afterwards.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep see post that BD 90 had an early entrance by a half count.  NOPE, it was written that way.  The pit kinda covers up that pick up in the hornline to get into the loud section.  I have the score to this and have the original cast recording of Tommy, and it has the same pickup.

Wow, really? I hadn't ever thought of that.

BD 1993, right after it rained or was raining slightly, the camera focused on the guard twice, and saw 3 drops.

I remember watching the BD "history" movies (basically every BD show between 74 and 94). That year was the only year on the tapes that I saw dropped equipment.

Check out 1985 Garfield Cadets' Finals-night rendition of "Candide."

First, listen carefully to the very first note. A significant portion of the corps came in one count early because the DM gave an extra "prep beat." It sounds so "in time," that unless you're really listening for it, you might think that a "pick-up" note is written in the score. It is amazing how quickly the corps recovered.

Second, the soprano soloist cracks the cadenza.

Third, right near the end of the show, keep an eye on the snare line as it is hauling sideways across the field. One guy makes a direction change two counts too early -- accordian-time!

Despite these three significant gaffes, the corps still won the championship by over a point. Love that buildup system! :P

Cavies '99. If you still have the tape of the live finals broadcast, at the beginning of the second number, 2 blocks of horns move away from each other and a guy in the left blocks appears to drop something, pick it up, and run back into the form.

I remember watching the BD "history" movies (basically every BD show between 74 and 94). That year was the only year on the tapes that I saw dropped equipment.

Catch the PBS version of thr 86 broadcast...dropped flag right on camera.

And I think one of the sop screamers at the end of BD 90 missed a step off into the very last phrase...if you canspot him, you see him taking a GIANT leap to get back into form.

And speaking of equip drops...87 Bluecoats prelims, anyone??