Biggest messups in DCI history?

In reply to Cavies 99'

That was on purpose. It was a 'visual solo' of a guy messing up, making an awww schucks motion, and going back into the form as a joke. It was there all year.

Neil Cavie 97-01

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go with Cadets silent rifle feature 2002.....I felt really bad the first time I saw it. I hope that wasn't his age out year, cause that's not a pretty thing to remember.

BD 1993, right after it rained or was raining slightly, the camera focused on the guard twice, and saw 3 drops.

My wife caught though...

See also 86 Devs on the vid...flag drops and then kicks it trying to pick it up.

Mike

Many people would include their '91 show on that list as well.

i'd take 89 or 93 as a mistake before 91. Glory rocked!

I can also remember a show in '02 where a Southwind member had his snare fall off in the middle of the show. This was the show where they switched from traditional-carriage snares to hip-slung snares mid-show, and the drummer in question either had his strap break or didn't hook it up properly. He marched the rest of the show sans drum, as I recall.

We never had a guy's snare fall off, but we did have a situation where one of the drummers couldn't make the switch from sling drum back to regular drum in time, so he sat behind the pit for the rest of the show to avoid having a "visual solo."

Cadets tarp backfield in 99

Early season SCV time:

86...a contra misses teh pants change in the tunnel during the opener at Riverside...Picks up his horn, marches smartly to the front sideline, facs field, puts horn down, parade rest for the rest of the show.

95...another SoCal show (don't remember where). 1st year they had the nice new and VERY large Kanstul contras...one poor shmoe trips and fals...amazing how far a contra will bounce...bell bent in half and everything...

Oh....and I'll throw in a certain rook-out soprano for 84 BD who had an interval error in "Like a Lover" you could drive a truck through...all season.

It haunts me every time I run the DVD...for some reason I just could NOT get that first step correct (it was a direction change and turn backfield) urgh....

Troopers 90 and BK 92...tenor players had their drums fall off

It's his cool?

That one just made me laugh out loud; nice.

Magic '98, end snare trips during the feature.

In BD '92, theres a form thats basically a line going through a circle....as the circle moves through the line, something changes and the line starts going through a different opening in the form. It causes a momentarily break. Anyone else catch that?

For some reason, every single time I watched Glassmen '03 on tour (10 or so times?), someone always fell. Some shows there were several.

Props to the horn player in BK '04 who tripped (or maybe they could blame it on Magic's water? Easy target, and everyone else was doing it..... :music: ) with 2 or 3 sets left in the show; great recovery to end the show in the right form.