Biggest messups in DCI history?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the post because I don't have time. I would like to share a story...

In 2001 at the Indy morning show: During the end of the opener, Rhumba, the contras were going backwards and one of the contra players triped and it caused a ripple effect. If I remember correctly, the entire contra line except 3 fell to the ground. They recovered nicely. At the time it sucked, but it was very funny when we saw it on tape later on.

Just a few......

Cadets 1995 - Two wipeouts trying to make the company front about half way through the show.

Suncoast Sound 1988 - Was it just me or was that "Memorial" a little lop-sided?  Maybe someone can clarify, please.

Absolutely correct. The pieces got out of order when they were laid on the field before the show started.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned...the sabre girl in Phantom 03... :(

I felt really bad for her........because I think she missed another "solo" at the end of the opener as well(unless that wasn't her)

Show was awesome...but I always avoid the opening sequence whenever I watch it so's not to feel so downed.

...Oh yeah, and this one really isn't a messup...but uh...

How about the Snare Drummer at the end of SCV 03 eh? Talk about getting into the show, he looked like he was gonna eat somebody! :beer:

I guess that explains the silence just after the 'shroom cloud.  Well, the cloud explains it too but you get the point.

That "silence" was supposed to be there. It had nothing to do with the wall being set up wrong.

North Star, 1980, right there on tape at Finals, in the push of Ole at the end of the show, two horn players run right into each other. Poor guys.

North Star, 1982. The final push in their closer, a horn player comes in a full count early, then stops. Oops. A friend of mine always wondered why they didn't scrub it off the record, it was so obvious. (To which I always said 'Did they DO that?')

Sorry to pick on the Star so much, cause they kicked azz when they were around. I miss them.

And no, Roman Blenski's hat isn't screwed on. At Normal in 1988, We tied for, um, last with Northern Aurora, and we decided to flip his hat to decide who would exit first. To this day I still can't believe he let us take it from him.

I remember at a little bitty DCM show in 1985 the Knights took the field for retreat on the wrong yard line, so we had to crab 5 yards over to the right. Stupid sexy contest director...

1992 bettendorf ia.

The Scouts staff decides to redo the ending from the middle to the end.

We have ashow that afternoon and they spring this change.

We fell apart sooooooo bad the center snare was just playing a little diddie for a solo during a co. front.

Absolutely embarassing and hilarious at the same time.

Next day was my age out home show in stillwater so we got it right for that show.

I suspect it's screwed on to his head!

I happen to own a picture (taken by myself circa 1991 DCI All-Stars in NYC ) that shows the above mentioned Roman Blenski, sans the most famous (Unremoveable) hat of drum corp legend. This photo was taken on the 1991 DCI All Star tour of New York. We had just arrived at the Radio City Music Hall. Roman was greeted with the cheers of "Take off the hat, Take off the hat." He obliged, and I snapped a shot with my cheap camera. I'm having a hard time posting the pic, so i'll scan a copy for anybody that wants one.

yeah the 04 bd tenor is legit jstu went and watched that one on the percussion cam on the dvd. kudos to him a very smooth slide on the knees to avoid taking out the tenors and the basses.

can't believe i missed that...guess i was too amazed by how they left the field at finals.

also on 04 if you watch teh phantom show...i saw this at finals also..when they are doing the call adn response between brass and drums a contra steps off in a completely opposite direction as the rest of the hornline...a little contra pinball ensues...nothing big but still..actually i swear i was the only one to see it at finals..all my friends thought i was crazy when i started freaking out when it happened..and along those lines i was "freaking out" because at the first show of the year for them and blue stars in menasha, wi. their was a move where three contras collided at full speed...lame story but it ties the whole finals thing together

Edited by BlueStarsBari