21. Magic

22. Pioneer

23. Troopers

24. Kiwanis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st place is Madison in a shootout with the Devils (the show of the year)

2nd Blue Devils

3rd Cavies

4th Bluecoats (one word)

5th Cadets (step back into the closet)

6th Phantom (leave Gershwin to a more qualified corps)

7th SCV (if the show is finally finished)

8th Glassmen

9th Crown

10th Spirit

11th Boston

12th Colts

13th Southwind (maybe top 12 sleeper)

14th Crossmen

14th Cascades

15th Capital Regiment

16th Pioneer (the magic touch of Scott Stewart)

17th Blue Knights

18th Marion Glory Cadets (if they show up)

Edited by panama303

1st place is Madison in a shootout with the Devils (the show of the year)

2nd Blue Devils

3rd Cavies

4th Bluecoats (one word)

5th Cadets (step back into the closet)

6th Phantom (leave Gershwin to a more qualified corps)

7th SCV (if the show is finally finished)

8th Glassmen

9th Crown

10th Spirit

11th Boston

12th Colts

13th Southwind (maybe top 12 sleeper)

14th Crossmen

14th Cascades

15th Capital Regiment

16th Pioneer (the magic touch of Scott Stewart)

17th Blue Knights

18th Marion Glory Cadets (if they show up)

you (and everyone else) do realize that NO corps has come from 8th place the year before to 1st place the next year. The highest an 8th place corps has moved the next year was Phantom Regiment....1992-8th to 1993-3rd.

you (and everyone else) do realize that NO corps has come from 8th place the year before to 1st place the next year.  The highest an 8th place corps has moved the next year was Phantom Regiment....1992-8th to 1993-3rd.

Yes, however, SCV went from 7th to 1st in one year (1981), and yes, I know that was a long time ago. But considering the Scouts could have very well been 6th or 7th or even 9th last year, I wouldn't consider anything impossible at this point.

All I know is that right now, on July 4th, 2005... the Madison Scouts own DCI. :worthy:

My top 17 will come later this evening...

Edited by IMcomguy

Yes, however, SCV went from 7th to 1st in one year (1981), and yes, I know that was a long time ago. But considering the Scouts could have very well been 6th or 7th or even 9th last year, I wouldn't consider anything impossible at this point.

All I know is that right now, on July 4th, 2005... the Madison Scouts own DCI.  :beer:

My top 17 will come later this evening...

Whatever the Scouts' placement come season end , it just feels great to see them creating so much hype right now :worthy:

IMO , Madison has always been a croud favorite and , moreso , a great croud pleaser and its so much fun having a no-nonsense and a no "try to figure out what we're doing" type of show on top of the ladder.

With the Scouts , you know what you're getting.....PURE ENTERTAINMENT !!

I'm not crazy enough to think that Madison will take the title back this year...but then again....like Seal once sang...."no we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy"

Some interesting fact, myths, and fun story telling.

Ten years ago the Cavaliers won (1995) with a planets show that was great from a stand point of visual and drums, but was so so musically (JMO). 20 Years ago the Cadets/Garfield won DCI with Leonard Bernstein's "Jeremiah Symphony" show that was ground breaking for its time, and the show made excellent use of cutting-edge visuals and one of the best horn lines of that era. 30 years ago the Madison Scouts won their 1st DCI title playing the music of Slaughter on 10th Avenue, McCarthur Park and others. It was a fabulous show that featured of the best soprano soloists ever in the history of DCI. Although the Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment may certainly be in the title mix, my theory is group the 1975, 1985, and 1995 corps together. Now which one of these corps was most dominant? Well, in 1995 the Cadets and Cavaliers had to overcome a powerful Blue Devils late in the season to finish 1 and 2. BD was undefeated through a good portion of that season. In 1985, the Garfield Cadets were good all summer, but trailed SCV most of the summer, up until the U.S. Open when they finally beat SCV in prelims and tied them in the U.S. Open finals. In 1975, the Madison Scouts were simply beat one time. So of these three corps, the answer is that Madison is the most dominant, and therefore most likely to win this year.

BUT...with the Blue Devils and Phantom Regiment in the mix, let us shake things up more. In 1985 and 1995 the Blue Devils took 3rd, showing a sign of a pattern. both corps were incredible, with the 1995 corps perhaps being more dominant, but the final placement was the same. Let's plug them in a 3rd for 2005. Phantom struggled in 1985 placing 8th with what was excellent music, but a show they simply couldn't clean. In 1995 they placed 5th. If we split the difference between these two years, that would put Phantom in the 6.5 slot. But the better solution is to take the difference in placings from 85 to 95 (3 slots) and divide by 2. Now push them up in placement by 1.5. So it's a toss up. They will either be 3rd or 4th this year. Since BD is so much easier to read in the 3 spot, we will put Phantom in 4th. Here is what we get if you can follow all this crazy thought.

2005 DCI Final Placements

1. Madison Scouts

2. Cadets (they were a bit more dominant in 1985 than Cavies in 1995)

3. Blue Devils/Cavaliers (BD is solid in 3rd and can do no worse, so Cavies will have to work hard to attain this position)

5. Phantom Regiment (get knocked down to 5th because of the tie)

6. Bluecoats (if there is an unlucky role of the dice by Phantom, then the Bluecoats can achieve 5th)

7. Carolina Crown

8. SCV

9. Boston

10. Crossmen

11. Spirit

12. Blue Knights

• 3 weeks later...

I JUST THOUGHT I'D BRING THIS BACK UP TO SHOW YOU WHAT FRIGGIN EXPERTS WE ARE! LOOK OUT FOR THE EDITS!

As it looks now with a few movements of my own, here's what I think:

1. Cadets

2. Cavies

3. BD

4. PR

5. Scouts

6. Bluecoats

7. SCV

8. Boston

9. Crown

10. Blue Knights

11. Spirit