I Have Not Seen BD

Some people liken the show to that of winter guard. How correct, or not, are they? Guess I'll find out Friday!

Rocketman - I like winter guard, during the winter!

ampssuck

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the entire concept for the show is basically James Logan's 2002(3?) World Guard show, so I'd say there might be some apt comparisons.

Ya know, come to think of it, for all that early season talk about the Cadets and innovation, or rather a lack of it . . . I haven't seen ANYTHING so far on this topic . . . and this is a much more blatant "rip off", if you will, than anything the Cadets are doing, at least as I understand it . . .

Well, the scores are reflecting the choppy, "winterguard" nature of it, it seems. When the climax of your show is calling out dancers numbers, it's sort of anti-climatic, no matter if you hate amps, love them or have no opinion. :)

No matter how clean a show is, if it's disjointed in its presentation, it's ...more often than not... not going to win championships.

Also, a l'il aside: I've been listening to Jon Faddis' "Hornucopia" a lot lately...since BD likes to write for the screamers lately, it seems it would do well on the field for them. Some nice melodic phases in there, too.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVE this show. I'm a Cadet, and I love that show as well, and I'm tickled pink that they are doing so well. That said, this BD show is flat out fun. I'm terrifically entertained. Huge fun!! I've seen it three times now, and I like it more and more.

BTW, Phantom, Crown and Blue Knights I like more every time I see them too.

I cannot begin to tell you how much I LOVE this show. I'm a Cadet, and I love that show as well, and I'm tickled pink that they are doing so well. That said, this BD show is flat out fun. I'm terrifically entertained. Huge fun!! I've seen it three times now, and I like it more and more.

BTW, Phantom, Crown and Blue Knights I like more every time I see them too.

Well, the scores are reflecting the choppy, "winterguard" nature of it, it seems. When the climax of your show is calling out dancers numbers, it's sort of anti-climatic, no matter if you hate amps, love them or have no opinion. :)

No matter how clean a show is, if it's disjointed in its presentation, it's ...more often than not... not going to win championships.

Also, a l'il aside: I've been listening to Jon Faddis' "Hornucopia" a lot lately...since BD likes to write for the screamers lately, it seems it would do well on the field for them. Some nice melodic phases in there, too.

Melodic Phrases??

BD???

There's no room for that kind of talk in here!

</sarcasm>

(God I miss when Wayne really DID write musical phrases)

Edited by usmpiano

Melodic Phrases??

BD???

There's no room for that kind of talk in here!

</sarcasm>

(God I miss when Wayne really DID right musical phrases)

Tell me this wouldn't kick ###, though...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserv...1920674-9432046

Listen to "High Five", "Ahbeedunseedja" and "Squeezin'"...a little bit of moving the melodic line around to the other sections, and this would seriously kick.

Oh, well...maybe when I hit the Powerball lotto one day. :P

^0^

Well, the entire concept for the show is basically James Logan's 2002(3?) World Guard show, so I'd say there might be some apt comparisons.

That was the first thing I noticed when I saw BD this year. James Logan did their "They Don't Horses Shoot They" show in 1999; and it has the same concept of a backward dance marathon that BD's show has this year. Truthfully, the fact that BD blatantly stole the idea from Logan sort of bothered me considering how innovative (and impresive) it was when Logan did it. I don't remember if the Logan show had narration, though...