2007 Rose Bowl - Pasedena

Felix,

Bet you never thought DCI would be comin' to the hood! I can see it now....some poor corp from who knows where getting off the WRONG exit in San Gabriel and discovering what East LA is all about!

Man I can't wait! But why did they wait for me to move all the way out here to put the darn' thing an hour from my house???? :sshh:  :sshh:

:P .....Don't scare the Junior crowd Mummert!....worse yet, some corps bus can take the wrong turn off Figueroa Street off the 134 highway and end up in Highland Park....not the best area to be day or night....if you see a bus with no wheels or tires...and a group of kids huddling together,...by all means pick them up and take them to the show.....remember parts of Pasadena are pretty seedy as well :P

Edited by felixh

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure if the comment is sarcastic or not, but I can tell you as a Californian and a person who wrote Don Pesceone personally back in 1983 asking him to bring the championships to the Rose Bowl, I'm BEYOND excited.  I'm sure as the word spreads we'll get more people chiming in on how this is going to be the greatest thing ever.

:blush:

KINGSMEN KINGSMEN KINGSMEN!!!!!!

Uhh, I'm not so sure. Check out the map. There's a huge spread of sidtance between Denver and LA. I envision the events and the push to Pasadena going through the southwest and maybe some down from Northern California.

Denver isn't that far for the corps. They left Denver last year on a Sunday after finals and performed in San Diego, what Tuesday or Wednesday night? And that was after spending an entire day in either Cedar City or St. George, Utah to rehearse. Next show after Denver would be either Salt Lake or Las Vegas. BK traveled 550 miles a few weeks ago overnight. The Denver show would retain its Saturday night status, then either a Grand Junction or Glenwood Springs show on Sunday or Monday, Salt Lake or Las Vegas Tuesday or Wednesday night, then a show or two in San Diego to seed that area for L.A. The other route could be San Antonio on the same Saturday, Midland/El Paso on Sunday or Monday nights, Phoenix area Tuesday or Wednesday night, Las Vegas Thursday or Friday night, and then a San Diego area show Saturday or Sunday night. All of these cities have drum corps shows in them or have in the past.

Edited by bstar82

OK-maybe Randy isn't very tactful, but all points are totally right on.  Stop whining already.

LuvsPAisTe (the OTHER California Randy)

Oh come on! "Tactful" is my middle name. Just ask anyone in Renegades. B)

Felix,

Bet you never thought DCI would be comin' to the hood! I can see it now....some poor corp from who knows where getting off the WRONG exit in San Gabriel and discovering what East LA is all about!

Oh my, how quickly we've pushed '83 Miami out of our minds. I bet Boston hasn't, though. B)

And if they can hhave finals in a crapola like the Orange Bowl, Pasadena will be a bed of roses. Get it? "Roses"? hehhehheh.

I still think they need to move a regional to somewhere in the NW (WA, OR, ID) for the year. And/or maybe make DAtR a regional as well.

Well yes, it will be nice for those corps and the other west coast corps to be able to attend finals, but I'd put money on the fact that there is significantly more Midwest/East coast Div II/III corps out there.  So ya gotta look at the majority...thats why I feel somewhere Central is always the best bet.  Denver was great, and even a little more west would work....but all the way West I think is not a good situation.

Was it not a stretch for anyone in 2003 when it was in Orlando. I think it doesn't hurt DCI to have Finals out west once in a while, it certainly makes it easier for those of us who can't neccesarily afford to go east all the time. Just think of it this way it is only fair to have it on the west coast once in a while for those corps that cannot afford to make it to finals. So what if there are more in the midwest and east, does that mean the west coast corps don't deserve to be able to compete? Common sense in my opinion.

I have to wonder if Qualcomm couldn't guarantee them a date, because of possible scheduling conflicts.

Good luck to folks battling the LA-area traffic on a Thurs and Friday night.

Also, this would be Esperanza's home show and would really help recruiting for this corps.

It might be Esperanza's home show but it will be a nice evening to see the return of 300 plus ANAHEIM KINGSMEN ALUMNI CORPS cadet jackets on the field under the lights. It will be our 35th anniversary of winning the very first DCI and a very nice night to finally hear the scores read from 1972 that we never enjoyed 35 yeaars ago. It's a reality, we've been organizing as an alumni corps similiar to the 27th Lancers model in 1994 and have over 80 alumni signed up in less than a month and we were waiting for the announcement of So Cal to really pick up the effort. We hope to have the opportunity of performing at DCI Finals in 2007 and with this announcement that it's in So Cal you will see us commencing sectional practices by mid-September and full corps rehersals in the summer of 2006. Everything is in the planning stages at this time and as we progress we will keep you informed. Our music selections will be from 1970-1974 with a special emphasis on 1972. You may have missed us in 1972 but you'll have another chance in 2007. And if it's not in So Cal we are still planning to be on the field in 2007.

I have to wonder if Qualcomm couldn't guarantee them a date, because of possible scheduling conflicts.

Good luck to folks battling the LA-area traffic on a Thurs and Friday night.

Also, this would be Esperanza's home show and would really help recruiting for this corps.

I think it would actually be more advantegeous for Pacific Crest. Diamond Bar is only about 20 miles from Pasadena.