2007 DCI Championships

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with Christina; she returned my call and was extremely polite throughout the entire call. I expressed concern on the topics of my previous post, and she diligently answered all of them.

Q: Why did you guys change the way tickets are purchased?

A: To cut expensives.

-Cost of renting a hotel area

-Cost of technology to have the computer support and staffing to work it.

Q: What about the snail mail time differences and the unfairness to people who live far away?

A: We considered the problems, and there is no absolute way to satisfy everyone. So the closer you live to our offices, the better chance you have of getting the best seats.

Q: With the letters you sent out, what keeps people from copying the form, that got them first and distributing them to their friends before legitimate priority customers get a chance to return theirs?

A: The billing address is verified to people who have purchased super-3 packs in the last 3 years, others are ineligible.

Q: In the past, we were able to pick the seats we wanted when be bought the super-3 tickets on quarterfinals, but the letter you sent out says you get the seats you get, no refunds or exchanges. That doesn’t seem reasonable…

A: We will do the best to get you the seats you want, and if there is any question, we will contact you. If there is a gross error, we will work our best to rectify the situation.

Q: Have you received other feedback from DCI patrons?

A: Yes, mostly positive. (darn)

Overall the conversation was very strait forward and professional. My questions were answered to complete satisfaction even though they were not the answers I wanted. I hope this post will help.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I were DCI I would raise the prices - look at it this way:

1. folks in California will pay the high price since it's been a million years coming

2. folks flying in can afford $$$ - flying to California isn't cheap

3. it should allow dci to make more $$ to distribute to corps to cover the gas

Who says you have to fly? You can take the train into LA...

ya know, for all the #####ing people did about DCA's ticketing, seems like they need to notice this...DCI is doing it the exact same way

I sent mine in as soon as I got it. Afterwards, I thought, "Did I put down "4" anywhere?". Turns out I was correct about my absent-mindedness. They just called to say it was they who forgot to put # of seats line anywhere on the form.

So don't be like me and just fill in all the blanks like a good little soldier; mark how many you want somewhere on the form. D'OH!!!

I wrote all over mine to make sure they knew what I wanted.

Also, I thought the form said that they'd be processed in order by postmark date. The answer the rep gave seems to go against that...

Look at it this way (Stolen from Bobby at some show where he kept talking :P ): My ticket cost me over $1000! And I don't even get assigned a seat!

I disagree about flying to Los Angeles (LAX) will be more expensive. A big major hub in the US it obviously is, will make it cheaper. To me, flying in to not so busy airports, where the number of flights is limited, is what raises the prices. Flights from Chicago O'Hare to LAX and from New York to LAX, for example, should be rather reasonably priced and easy to obtain. I think the logisitics of having it in Cali will be quite a benefit.

But, if it were me, I would follow the corps out this way (drive), if you can, and enjoy the awesome scenery out west.