2007 DCI Championships

I'll bring the stripper, Sam. I'll make sure she brings butterflies, as well.  B)

We LOVE butterflies!!!!!

thanks for stealing my Madison schtick Sam!!

Gotta be fast with the stupid comments, Frank!!

And PeeWee....PREACH it, bro!!

And y'know....College of the Canyons WOULD be a good place for Div II/III if they don't actually use the RB...I think they have a large band comp there every year....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being said, if you guys don't want to come out to California in 2007 (you'd have to be out of your mind, IMO), we have plenty of locals out here to fill the seats.  We had, what, something like 7 shows in Cali alone last season?  Not to mention all of the shows in Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming.

We'll fill the seats, with or without you.  B)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't TOC: Pasadena attract 16,000 alone?

I think that's one cause we can all agree on and rally around. We should protest the high ticket prices.

Can you please explain this???  What is sold out???  Were your 40 yardline seats for Foxboro...or are they your Madison seats???

This was Foxboro. I requested the club level seats, was told they were sold out and was given 300 level, 40 yard line instead.

Like I said, skip the luncheon, I'll buy my own CD and program...but at least ensure me the best tickets. Oh well...instead of upgrading again (as was my initial thought) I'll just save my money.

if I were DCI I would raise the prices - look at it this way:

1. folks in California will pay the high price since it's been a million years coming

Well in order for the Californians to have the opportunity to BUY the best tickets they are going to have to be in Madison on quarter finals morning in person.

The guy who was first online to buy tickets for Madison in 2006 got on line at 4:00pm the previous afternoon. :rolleyes:

I got there just before 6:00 am and was 59th in line.....

Triple Forte

if I were DCI I would raise the prices - look at it this way:

1. folks in California will pay the high price since it's been a million years coming

2. folks flying in can afford $$$ - flying to California isn't cheap

3. it should allow dci to make more $$ to distribute to corps to cover the gas

at some point tho you have to worry about outpricing the market

I think that's one cause we can all agree on and rally around. We should protest the high ticket prices.

I believe more and more the party line is "if you don't like it, don't go"

I don't know much about Pasedena, but I do know lots about Madison after buying tickets/making reservations for next year. I'm pretty amazed at how expensive it's getting to go to finals.

Tickets: I bought the Super 3, but I bypassed the $215 super premium for just the premium, still $145 x 2 seats plus fees = $305. That's just to get in the door.

Hotel: Now, I've been out of the finals loop for awhile, but I didn't know that all the local hotels ban together and jack up room rates and require 3 night stays. Booked a king room at the Madison Doubletree (normally runs around $100-$120 per night), for $190 x 3 nights = $570.

Throw in spending money, meals, etc, and before I knew it, I was well into a 4-digit total cost. Wow.

Guess that comes with attending a major event. Anyone else finding the same story for Madison next year?

• 9 months later...

It’s unfortunate to say, I just received in the mail my "Super-3" ticket package fo 2007 in the mail. You have to reply my mail to get the best seats, buy postmarked date. This is BS. Here’s why:

The closer you are to IL, the sooner you have the chance to reply. If you live far away like me, it took 3 days to get the letter.

This does NOT reward the people that wait in line at 4am like I do every year to pick the best seats.

There is no way they can decipher who the existing super-3 holders are unless they do a name search. Someone can make copies of their form and give it to their friends.

You DON'T get to pick your seats, as you do when you wait in line. It says there are no refunds or exchanges on the form, an no place to ask you how many seats you want either.

These are all concerns that I have called the DCI ticket manager, Christina (don’t know last name) on this morning in a phone message. No reply yet. Ill be happy to continue updating, but I encourage everyone to call her until they scrap this whole idea, and reward the people who travel to finals every year!!!

BTW, the prices are $250 each…

It’s unfortunate to say, I just received in the mail my "Super-3" ticket package fo 2007 in the mail. You have to reply my mail to get the best seats, buy postmarked date. This is BS. Here’s why:

The closer you are to IL, the sooner you have the chance to reply. If you live far away like me, it took 3 days to get the letter.

What if they sent them in waves.. so that the outskirts of the country got them first.. and Illinois gets them last?

Stef