1992 Cadets of Bergen County

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm saying this...but this is the one show I can think of that I think I would rather hear on the mixed horns of today. The control and intonation would be better, and bringing it up to the original keys I think would also help increase the impact the show had.

Asolutely loved this show. I remember the first time we actually got to see them that year was Allentown if memory serves. They were, for lack of a better term, a frickin mess. I was watching the drumline warm-up, and they were breaking on music. Staff was yelling. Kids were getting frustrated with each other. They were just in disarray. Saw the show that night and wasn't all that impressed. Then i saw them @ semi's and was blown away. Talk about turning around your season. I will not say they should have won, but if they had i would not have complained.

I remember that show very well.  I was in BD's colorguard and the only thing we wanted to do was beat their guard.  We didn't think it was possible but BD won high colorguard that night.

It is one of my favorite all around Cadet shows.  We were such friendly rivals in during that era.

It must have stunk to have been booed when you got the Guard Trophy... I was there booing loudest. BD had great rifles (for a couple of 5 tosses in La Suerte. woo woo), but what did the guard DO? Wow. A silly strip tease adds a lot of Content on the sheets, I s'pose. That horrible indecision led to several years of multiple guard judges to stop that from happening again (although back then, guard scores weren't part of the 100 pts).

Bitterly Yours...

<**>

Asolutely loved this show. I remember the first time we actually got to see them that year was Allentown if memory serves. They were, for lack of a better term, a frickin mess. I was watching the drumline warm-up, and they were breaking on music. Staff was yelling. Kids were getting frustrated with each other. They were just in disarray. Saw the show that night and wasn't all that impressed. Then i saw them @ semi's and was blown away. Talk about turning around your season. I will not say they should have won, but if they had i would not have complained.

In Allentown, a staff member was hit by a car before the show. I remember calling the hotline for the scores, and the voice sounded mighty low. Yes, they had a very bad day. :sshh:

I remember the 92 drumline not impressing me at all with their book (i.e. the writing.) I don't know, it just seemed so BLAH compared to their books from years immediately preceding and following.

The poor phase problems on the recording due to the microphone technique used in those days certainly doesn't help sell it, either!

Mike in OH

It must have stunk to have been booed when you got the Guard Trophy... I was there booing loudest. BD had great rifles (for a couple of 5 tosses in La Suerte. woo woo), but what did the guard DO? Wow. A silly strip tease adds a lot of Content on the sheets, I s'pose. That horrible indecision ...

Well, jeez ... tell us how you really feel.

I had once heard that Cadets 1992 had a difficult time coming together because of mono going through the corps. When I marched, they always were careful about people sharing cups and bottles of water because of what happened to "Corps X in 19XX"... I think I remember Cadets 1992 being the corps that was mentioned. I heard that half of the season was just trying to get healthy members on the field.

When I saw this thread, I figured that someone would mention that. Maybe it was just a rumor story. *shrugs*

Is this what really happened? I have no clue! I was like 13 when it happened.

SMM