DCP Official ESPN2 DCI Broadcast Reaction Thread

I thought the same thing to...worked all summer long just to play that one song. And SCV worked their arses off to get the shaft.. :)

Well, how about the Bluecoatsin 2004. Not to be rude or anything but I worked my butt off all summer and so did my corps mates to get the shaft that we busted into the Top 6 for our first time ever and we only had that small clip of our show. I am just saying.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon, it was mentioned.  I can't recall exactly when, but I know the announcers both did mention pretty specifically early on that ages ranged from about 15 to 21, and after that you age out.

Yes, they said something along the lines of "enjoy it while you can because when you turn 21, the party's over" something close to that.

~G~

Well, how about the Bluecoatsin 2004.  Not to be rude or anything but I worked my butt off all summer and so did my corps mates to get the shaft that we busted into the Top 6 for our first time ever and we only had that small clip of our show.  I am just saying.

But I would like to say congratulations to DCI and ESPN2 for a very informative broadcast. I thought they did an excellent job of showing what we go through to people who have never heard of drum and bugle corps. Granted, I would have chose a different clip for our corps, but that is what makes the DVD worth buying. The suspense and excitement. So thankyou to DCI and ESPN2 for what they did this year.

I was once a young whipper snapper who watched DCI on PBS. We used to have band partys and I was one of the lucky ones who had a band director who loved drum corps and encouraged you to march. I understood what I was watching without any explanation...just show me the product, most can figure it out. Do some explaining but not two hours of it.

I remember watching the broadcast of the 1980 show and seeing the whole shows perform. And thinking I was gonna do that one day.

All this yap about Buy the CD/DVD..no I won't. I MAY buy Phantom and SCV's dvd, and that's a BIG if...

What do we deserve? I paid enough dangit. I paid enough on sponsoring and flights and tickets and everything else. I deserve the show, just as much as the potential marcher does.

That's how I FEEL. I was there and I STILL wanted to see the show.

I guess showing the whole shows are just out of the question... :worthy: :sshh:

No they're not obligated but they sure could've given fans alot more then an "Infomercial". But after all the money some of us have forked out..they could've given us more then that.

WHOA!!  Hold on here.  I made that ad and I had to work with the resources we had on hand.  I did not have ANY DCA material to work with and the deadline was very close.  For you to assume that DCI had an agenda is not only incorrect (Because DCI had nothing to do with its production) but is just plain silly.

Steve Vickers and I had total control over the ad's content.

You need to stop and get the facts before you complain!

The truth will set you free!

Ha ha !! Pretty much sets'em straight, but they'll still find a way to argue and complain....sheesh.

~G~

Well, how about the Bluecoatsin 2004.  Not to be rude or anything but I worked my butt off all summer and so did my corps mates to get the shaft that we busted into the Top 6 for our first time ever and we only had that small clip of our show.  I am just saying.

And believe me, I complained about that too, that was one of my favorite shows last year! :)

Buy the DVD's !

I will not.

delete - GD

Wait, no I won't. It sucked.

So why would I buy it?

Edited by George