Myths of Drum Corps debunked!

geluf

What's ironic about the Madison Scouts being 85% gay? Didn't people call them the Masculine Doubts in less p.c. times?

The irony is that my example year is the year David MARCHED Scouts....so he can confirm or deny it...

And the nick Masuline Doubts certainly didn;t apply to the brass line....SERIOUSLY ballsy!! Saw 'em form the audience POV at Whitewater prelims...the push in "Memory" #### near blew off what little hair I had!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so The Cavaliers have this GROSS initiation ritual....

Okay, so Phantom has this GROSS initiation ritual....

Okay, so (fill in the blank) has this GROSS initiation ritual....

The Star of Indiana rumor is as old as Brass Theater. A buddy of mine helped me fall victim to it. "Hey, Star is coming back this year--we could march there as ageouts!"

I called their number, and you could hear the lady on the other end *sigh* in the way that someone who has been asked the same stupid question 4 million times will sigh. "Star has no plans to return to the field at this time."

The next year they came out with Blast.

Tony-Winning musical vs. sleeping on a bus? I'm guessing they never come back.

P.S. Blue Devils are marching a wireless electric guitar line next year!!!!! b**bs

Heh, that's Canada, it's clean like that everywhere.

It always feels so good crossing the border coming home from tour.  The grass really is greener on our side  :P

...when it's not buried in ice or snow!

:P

Garry

And the nick Masuline Doubts certainly didn;t apply to the brass line....SERIOUSLY ballsy!!  Saw 'em form the audience POV at Whitewater prelims...the push in "Memory" #### near blew off what little hair I had!

So, THAT'S what happened!

:ph34r:

Garry

PS Baldness is hereditary. You get it from your kids! (Like insanity)

What's it worth to you, David??

(heh...I'm Sicilian...extortion is in my blood....maybe you can help pay my Dream tour fee for next year!)

While there are -- let's be honest -- many gays in all areas of drum corps (as there are in all areas of society...no matter how many people try to deny it), the only group for which I have a remotely reliable figure is ironically, 1985 Scouts....a fellow 84 BD member aged out with Mad that year and I remember him telling me the percentage that year was 85% gay and 15% straight....

Feel free to correct me....but you WERE there....

I'll PM you the guy's name...

Don't make me send Vinny and Guido to your house...don't mess with "La Familia." :sshh:

I was there, I don't think that is the correct ratio. My guess is maybe 65% straight and 35% homosexual. That is a guess, mind you. It didn't bother me since no one asked me to do anything I didn't want to do...no problem, IMO.

Edited by DrumCorpsFan27