"G-Force Open House"!

FireSop1

plus yokihama...plus the two CA corps

Yikes.... might be time to bring the PJ's and an air mattress to the stadium! :P

Fran

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me their patterns aren't as wild as that shirt from W/S...

i think this thread is about the EXPANDING CIRCUT THAT IS DCA, which deals with G-Force...

Just sayin...

Uh, Fran, Joe & Jerald....

I think this thread is about G-Force and their G-Bugles, not your sleeping arrangements at prelims.

I'm just sayin...

LOL..... good point.

Back to the topic.

Fran

That is not the issue... they can play T-flat horns for all I care. I'll again restate... and if you read my whole post you would've seen this already... this is about being rude and ignorant to other corps and saying they aren't "real" drum corps simply because they play on horns other than G Bugles.

Whether or not they mean it that way, the whole thing comes across as extremely condescending and negative. As with anything having to do with PR... it's all about how it's taken... not how it is intended.

If this were a well-established corps making these kinds of statements they would be nailed to the wall with railroad ties. Just because they're starting out doesn't mean they can say whatever and offend whomever they want.

i say it's no big deal, and actually, the phrase may be a great way for them to pick up some members.

i think this thread is about the EXPANDING CIRCUT THAT IS DCA, which deals with G-Force...

Just sayin...

Actually, the post title is "G-Force Open House", so both of you are worng. It got hijacked into yet another G vs. Bb p*ssing contest and then into a personal conversation about how long prelims are gonna be next year.

Either way, any replies just give G-Force's Open House a little more time at the top of the page, so I'm guessing Randy doesn't mind.

The use of the PM feature is allowed on this website.

Best of luck to you and those G bugles.

FWIW I agree with your statement 100%.There are just some traditions that need to be kept in the activity.G bugles is one of them.

I honestly think these people are not being mean-spirited or insensitive in how they present themselves or G-Force. Randy is an awesome guy and I know he has nothing but good intentions for his corps and the activity.

Having spent a few years of college in Western PA I didn't see any meanness either. To me sounds like they're proud that they have a corps and boasting a bit about it doesn't mean they are cutting down anyone else. IMO, they're just being "normal" Western PA'ers :P

Good luck folks - shooting for 3 PA corps at DCA.....

Oh great - just noticed Randy spent time in Westshore and IUP :worthy: (so did I :P )

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari