Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before even more rumors start flying, I would like to point out that Membership has been terminated, not Div I status....so if I read this correctly, they now join Pacific Crest, Esperanza, and now Blue Stars as Div I corps, just not member corps. It will be interesting when more information comes out.

That's a valid point. I believe Southwind participated as a non-member last year because of their legal re-organization independent of MDBCA. I assume it's been restored.

Before even more rumors start flying, I would like to point out that Membership has been terminated, not Div I status....so if I read this correctly, they now join Pacific Crest, Esperanza, and now Blue Stars as Div I corps, just not member corps. It will be interesting when more information comes out.

You're right, and I realized that as soon as I typed it. I reported the post to get the title changed, but it hasn't been done as of yet.

Sorry,

Mike

I'm really confused as to constitutes a Div. I "member" corps and a corps that simply competes in Div. I. Pioneer has been out of the top 21 for years, but they are still a "member" corps. And Pacific Crest was in their third year of Div. I competition, yet they still (to the best of my knowledge) aren't considered to be a Div. I member corps.

That press release was REALLY vague. DCI better go into fuller detail as to why this happened or else they are going to deal with an army of ###### off fans.

I'm really confused as to constitutes a Div. I "member" corps and a corps that simply competes in Div. I.

thus the great question again surfaces....this has been in question since Pacific Crest made the jump....DCI has never (to my knowledge) specifically defined that. However I know they are aware of the "controversy" (made such by people posting away on here), and have been looking at the situation for a while.

It's really up to the Troopers to explain fully what's going on. On the surface it doesnt look good between this and Naffier bailing to the Crossmen.

Hopefully Troopers will publish what is going on in the very near future.

This post is moving too fast to go back and quote someone, but it was asked if KK has more secure financial backing, and the answer is yes. Last year they were sponsored by the Sunshine State Performing Youth or something to that nature. And it is a big help to the corps. KK has many big things planned and should be making an announcement this week as far as next year.