Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TroopersWeb....can you clarify any thing? I know things are hush hush right now, but until official word comes down, can you at least answer the question are the Troopers still Div I with non-member status, or are they out of Division I? (until things are resolved)

Edited by tubawarrior

Too bad they don't go into more details.

they no longer belong in div.1 the membership is very young it is not fair to the kids to have to tour as div. 1` .most fan are not in their seats when they are on the field.

Wow,,this really sucks.

I don't think DCI has really thought about thier actions.

I mean a lot of people will go out of thier way to see a DCI when the troopers are on the bill.I know I traveled almost 300 miles out of my way just to see the Troopers.

DCI has just bought a sandwich with some really bad mayo on it.

I don't think DCI is the big problem here. You don't get unanimous decisions without thinking about their actions. I'm sure the details will see the light of day soon, but I really, REALLY don't think that this type of action is taken lightly.

Let's hope that this allows 11 to reorg and come back strong. We all have a historical liking of that corps, but if things are bad enough to do what they've done, it's been done with a ton of consideration.

Newsflash: Losing Division 1 member status does not equal a drop to division 2. The Troopers are still a Division 1 corps, just not a member corps.

The Troop's news release would lead someone who's read it to believe that they won't be D1. It's not a fer-sher, but that wording is pretty direct.

I remember the Troppers of the 60's and 70's and thier late director Jim Jones.

They gave you a whup ### show. till this day I still wait to see the the Sun burst always done in a variety of different ways.

Please let the viewng public know what is going on because I truley do not think DCI will. We do not want to loose the Troopers like we lost the 27th Lancers, Bridgeman Etc.

Therein lies the problem. Under Jim Jones, the Troopers GAVE you a whup... show. Unfortunately, that was many years ago. Watching Troop in recent years has been like watching a professional ball player (Steve Carlton comes immediately to mind) who insists on going on past his prime. Like watching an alumni corps, there's a lot of sentimentality for the "good old days" there, but times have changed.

I realize that sounds mean-spirted and, believe me, I don't want it to be. But it's time for a reality check before we lose yet another storied corps or -- IMHO worse yet -- see such a proud tradition constantly on life support, struggling to make the field year after year.

Perhaps the best thing that could happen to the corps at this point would be for their Board to find an organization which is fiscally stronger with a good management team and a willingness to take it under its wing (as with YEA with the Crossmen, or JSU with Spirit.) I'm sorry to say that's likely the only way Troopers will return to any prominence within the activity.

TroopersWeb....can you clarify any thing? I know things are hush hush right now, but until official word comes down, can you at least answer the question are the Troopers still Div I with non-member status, or are they out of Division I? (until things are resolved)

It would be inappropriate for me to discuss the matter publically at this time. I can assure you, however, that the organization has been in communication with Dan Acheson and is working to resolve the matter as soon as possible.

In my best Yoda voice:

"Allow this removal lightly, the corps fans do not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Acheson."

...and in my best Jar Jar voice:

"Iss embarrissing, boot... My afrai day've bean banished. My forgoten der Board would do terrible tings to my Troopers. Terrible tings if daze goen back dare."

Elmo Blatch

I know this is said in jest, but this drives me crazy. Yes. It's all Dan Acheson's fault. It's always Acheson's fault. When it's not his fault, the board has it in for another corps and wants to shoot them down. Yup. That's the answer.

There are by-laws. There are rules. Rules must be followed. Don't you think it's a little corrupt if someone can "falter" sticking to the rules but still enjoy the benefits of everyone else just because of history?

Also, I have to believe that DCI wants the Troop to be back at it as a member corps, but they want them to be there with a stable foundation so that no kids are in a bad position half way through a summer tour when they're stranded because the corps is out of cash or something (this is just my personal speculation talking).

Running organizations like these on heart and soul alone often times aren't enough. As much as we wish this were true.

Also, I have to believe that DCI wants the Troop to be back at it as a member corps, but they want them to be there with a stable foundation so that no kids are in a bad position half way through a summer tour when they're stranded because the corps is out of cash or something (this is just my personal speculation talking).

Agreed. I don't think anybody in DCI wants another situation like Magic had in 2003.