Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Compliance issues"????

The way that is worded, it sounds like they broke some rules or something.

So excited to see The Blue Stars in Division I! I can see a lot of audition guys going for Blue Stars all of a sudden!

Well, I hope someone can explain these "internal and external compliance issues" cause I'd really like to know. I'm pretty upset about this move. <**>

Edited by Lancerlady

Non-compliance? Is it because they still use G bugles and no amps? :ph34r:

If it was because they were below 21st three years in a row, Pioneer would be gone too. They've been below 21st since 2002.

Maybe there is a petition process, I don't know, but I've heard from many credible sources that there is a rule regarding consecutive placements below 21st.

Well, I hope someone can explain these "internal and external compliance issues" cause I'd really like to know. I'm pretty upset about this move. <**>

My guess is that DCI won't disclose the details of internal issues...though I have a feeling they'll make their way to DCP at some point!

Mike

Pursuant to the DCI By-laws, the board of directors voted unanimously to terminate the membership of the Troopers from Casper, Wyo., due to internal and external compliance issues, spanning several years.

Before even more rumors start flying, I would like to point out that Membership has been terminated, not Div I status....so if I read this correctly, they now join Pacific Crest, Esperanza, and now Blue Stars as Div I corps, just not member corps. It will be interesting when more information comes out.

Edited by tubawarrior

Non-compliance? Is it because they still use G bugles and no amps? :worthy:

You forgot they also refuse narraration. :ph34r:

"Compliance issues"????

The way that is worded, it sounds like they broke some rules or something.

On re-read, it sounds like there are two different issues. The first was DCI membership. That's pretty clearcut. You have to make a certain placement to sit on the Board (I write this from work so I'm short on the specific rules there.)

The other was the removal from Division 1. The press release didn't specifically speak to that. If they ARE gone, and I'm not trying to spread any rumors -- and I have NO firsthand knowledge of this -- it sounded to me like something related to financial strength. Heaven knows, DCI doesn't want a corps going belly up in mid-July. Or, perhaps worse, hitting the road with potentially unsafe equipment, etc. I know they had issues a number of years ago, but don't know anything more recent than that. Does anyone know whether Pioneer, KK, etc. have more secure funding sources?

Edited by Phillygwm