Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic Title changed. Also I am pinning this. This is a pretty big deal when you think about it. The Troopers are a founding member of DCI and have been a member since it's inception. 33 years and then you're out, for undisclosed reasons, is quite a big deal actually....

Topic Title changed. Also I am pinning this. This is a pretty big deal when you think about it. The Troopers are a founding member of DCI and have been a member since it's inception. 33 years and then you're out, for undisclosed reasons, is quite a big deal actually....

Exactly. I would hope this is addressed further. The reason these directors are even here to "unanimously vote" the Troopers out of Div. I membership status is due to to what Jim Jones and a few others did for the activity in 1972.

Ironic that Blue Stars come back, and then this happens to the Troopers.

Amidst all the back patting and "look at what we did" self-congratulatory pap that DCI puts out, I expect some follow-up on this.

There is a great deal of ambiguity over the fine distinctions between "full member", "voting member", "non-voting member", and whatever other levels of division I participation may exist in DCI today. If DCI doesn't clarify things publicly in the next 20 muinutes, yeah, there will be a furor over this (justified or not).

So does anyone even know what the Troopers' status really is? Is there such a thing as a "division I non-member corps"?

If it's as bad as it seems the irony is even greater. Jim Jones personally guaranteed the financing for DCI when it was trying to get off the ground.

While I still think this is probably some administrative technicality (how else would you explain the unanimous vote) the Naffier teaser stirs the inquiring mind.

I hope the corps replies soon, because being pinned up here may be the right thing to do journalistically, but it's certainly no good for the corps.

Sure looks like DCI is trying to kill off any tradition.

I don't see how this is a sign of killing tradition....yes the Troopers have been there since the beginning and it's sad to see their membership status removed, but something must have happened to cause this...DCI just didn't decide "hey let's kill the Troopers"....i hope they will release more information on this and than it might make more sense to us

I'm not going to say much, but there are reasons for this decision that do not include the Troopers playing on G or even placing 21st or lower for the past 3 or so years. I'm sure more information will arise, but if you really want to know, just start asking questions.

Alright. Question #1 - what are those reasons?

Oh, and question #2 - if it really was due to "compliance issues spanning several years", why was it necessary for the directors of all the other corps to vote on whether to take this action or not? Why is there no policy in place to deal with such situations?