Troopers removed from DCI Membership Status

MikeN

http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=7...ec-fbff0f9f22ba

In other business matters, the Board of Directors renewed the Division I competitive status of Pacific Crest of Diamond Bar, Calif., and Esperanza of San Diego, Calif. Pursuant to the DCI By-laws, the board of directors voted unanimously to terminate the membership of the Troopers from Casper, Wyo., due to internal and external compliance issues, spanning several years.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad they don't go into more details.

I have mixed feelings about this. Frankly, it's probably warranted because the Troopers haven't put a competitive product on the field for years. This isn't a slam at the management -- from what I've read I'm sure it's a first rate organization -- but just stating facts.

OTOH, Casper is not Nashua, NH or Boston. There are no local D II/III corps, to my knowledge, within hundreds of miles of them so being a weekend corps would not seem to be an option. So, if not on the DI tour, where will they perform?

Its ridiculous, and whats the reasining ? Because they dont place "high enough" ??

Yup, they placed below 21st for 3 consecutive years so now they are out. Those are the rules I believe.

Kiwanis is on the hot seat for 2006.

What are the "internal and external compliance" issues they are talking about? I wish someone could elaborate.

Is it because they placed 21st three times in a row? That is a rule?

Edited by Lancerlady