2005 DCA DVD's

Sorry Joe, but I'm an old Purple Eagle,.....................and Grenadier.

Mike Covell

yah! I BLEED PURPLE the teams not doind so hot this year...first year ever that is true

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my DVDs today and the quality is not good. I've purchased 2004 and 2003 and although they were not DCI quality they were acceptable. This year's set has real problems with the audio not being lined up with the video. I've watched six groups so far and three of them have sections in the middle where the audio drops out a second or so at a time for 10-15 seconds and then the audio is behind the video for the rest of that show. So far the problem has shown up in Kilties, Brigs, and Empire.

Anyone else having problems or do I have bad discs (or player)?

Ryan J

I got my DVDs today and the quality is not good. I've purchased 2004 and 2003 and although they were not DCI quality they were acceptable. This year's set has real problems with the audio not being lined up with the video. I've watched six groups so far and three of them have sections in the middle where the audio drops out a second or so at a time for 10-15 seconds and then the audio is behind the video for the rest of that show. So far the problem has shown up in Kilties, Brigs, and Empire.

Anyone else having problems or do I have bad discs (or player)?

Ryan J

having dealt with BVP for over 10 years, contact them asap and they will work with you

Ryan, I have the same problem with the video and audio not lining up during Bush's prelims and finals shows.

BVP, if you're reading this, and I know you're not, WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THE GARBAGE THAT YOU "PRODUCED" FOR US. BAD SHOW, BVP.

The editing REALLY sucks too. No menus, angle options, no DVD cases, no cover art, it's all stock CRAP that everyone gets.

Edited by bumo27

Ryan, I have the same problem with the video and audio not lining up during Bush's prelims and finals shows.

BVP, if you're reading this, and I know you're not, WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THE GARBAGE THAT YOU "PRODUCED" FOR US. BAD SHOW, BVP.

The editing REALLY sucks too. No menus, angle options, no DVD cases, no cover art, it's all stock CRAP that everyone gets.

BVP graciously supplied The Kilties with 2 DVD's several weeks back. One was our first performance until several counts before our mellophone performer (Joel Magnuson) collapsed. They did a wonderful job of fading into a blank screen to avert Joel's moment of collapse, while the music continued as the corps performed to the end of the opening tune. And the second was our 2nd run thru. Both of these DVD's were of extremely high quality. These were presented to The Kilties by BVD as a memorial and private gesture of kindness to pass on to the Joel Magnuson family.

BVP is nothing short of a "class act".

One of our guys said his DVD was missing a few corps (I think MCL and Chops), and our show started in the middle instead of the begining. Also, the second disk stopped in several places. He was going to call the company tomorrow and ask them about it.

Barb Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-forever B)

Got mine yesterday. Sat. Oct. 15th. Just the Prelims DVDs. Jarrell, Texas (near Austin)

So far so good. Playback does vary between players. On mom's PC, it wasn't so great, stutters and what not. On the tv with integrated dvd it was alright. On the stand alone dvd player attached to the tv is was pretty good. The sound level seems a little low on the DVDs, except for Kilties. And there's a little static at the start of each title. Except on the PC that stutters, go figure.

Well personally I think their customer service is awful! My friend ordered us DVD's back in August in anticipation for our anniversary present which WAS Sept. 27th...so it would get here on time. Guess what? It is October 16th and still Nothing! No DVD's and nothing but a "be patient" to our friend. This is ridiculous customer service if you ask me. And if the quality is as some are saying, I won't know how I'll react.

I'm already disappointed they are acting this way and he ordered the DVD's from 2003 the year they marched. Now he says they don't even know if they will have that.. :( :worthy:

I am disappointed for him because this was a special surprise present for us and now..because they messed up....I think they should do something for him for taking so long personally.

Edited by Lancerlady