2005 DCA DVD's

I was all set to order the DCA dvs's.Until I see that these issues are dealt with appropriately,,,Ill save my money.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well personally I think their customer service is awful! My friend ordered us DVD's back in August in anticipation for our anniversary present which WAS Sept. 27th...so it would get here on time. Guess what? It is October 16th and still Nothing! No DVD's and nothing but a "be patient" to our friend. This is ridiculous customer service if you ask me. And if the quality is as some are saying, I won't know how I'll react.

I'm already disappointed they are acting this way and he ordered the DVD's from 2003 the year they marched. Now he says they don't even know if they will have that.. :( :worthy:

I am disappointed for him because this was a special surprise present for us and now..because they messed up....I think they should do something for him for taking so long personally.

Well, that's a little bit rediculous don't you think? Finals was only on September 4th or so, and even the best production company isn't going to have two-week turn around on a live event of that magnitude.

I think BVP's product stinks too, but I'm not naive enough to expect them THAT fast.

Ryan, I have the same problem with the video and audio not lining up during Bush's prelims and finals shows.

BVP, if you're reading this, and I know you're not, WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THE GARBAGE THAT YOU "PRODUCED" FOR US. BAD SHOW, BVP.

The editing REALLY sucks too. No menus, angle options, no DVD cases, no cover art, it's all stock CRAP that everyone gets.

or you can contact BVP and ask them for help in getting better copies.

as for the menus etc, email DCA and tell them this is what you want for your product and to remember this when selecting a vendor.

however, because DCA sells a lot fewer dvd's than DCI does, expect the costs to go up

or you can contact BVP and ask them for help in getting better copies.

as for the menus etc, email DCA and tell them this is what you want for your product and to remember this when selecting a vendor.

however, because DCA sells a lot fewer dvd's than DCI does, expect the costs to go up

Yea, I did that after last year's debacle. Obviously, no one paid much attention.

As for menus and the basic features common to DVDs, they are just that...basic features. I spent ten minutes in Photoshop and Nero to create a better set of menues than BVP has.

The productions costs shouldn't rise at all for something this basic.

OK, so I marched Brigs...I have not yet ordered the DVDs (was waiting for the band money to roll in! lol)

Should I? Does our video REALLY not line up??

yes or no...thanks!

Trish, it lines up on SOME players. Some of it is bad.

Although, I did find a trick to make it work, albeit it is a pain in the ###.

If you see it start not lining up, hit pause real quick and then hit play. It jumps back into sequence. For our show (Bush), I had to hit pause at three different points in our show. Not SO horrible, but it works.

I ordered the complete sets, including the minicorps the day I posted this disscussion. They told me it will ship 4-7 weeks from when I ordered. At first, I was mad that it would take so long since it was already four weeks past the Labor Day weekend. Now, since all these problems cropped up, I don't feel so bad, hoping BVP will "fix" all the problems you all have encountered. I ordered all the past seasons that BVP has produced for DCA and they always had problems when playing on different players. I can't understand why they have these problems. I don't have them when playing DCI dvds. Anyhow, I'm hoping for the best!

BVP is obviously using non professional-standard equipment when producing the DVD's. I wish I could say we get what we pay for, but we really don't. We get screwed with a half-###ed product because there are simply less customers interested in DCA enough to buy our videos.

The DCI vid's are done by seasoned professionals, and are produced extremely well, with a TON of planning involved. DCI's budget is a lot more than DCA's, there are A LOT more people buying the DCI vid's, so the cost is lower and they get a better quality product.

There's more to it than this, but I'm tired of ranting about BVP. Fact is, they suck at what they do. Moran wasn't any better. I wish we could have the company that produced the 1996 DCA videos again...

1994, 1995 & 1996 were all the same production group.

someone who had something to do w/ Empire i recall correctly.

i have the info at home.

I wish we could have the company that produced the 1996 DCA videos again...

Can we submit a bid? :P

No, seriously, that sucks...'cause I was going to get the 2005 DVD's for Christmas. If the quality is that sub-par, then perhaps I should just get the CD's instead. :(