IF YOU COULD RELIVE YOUR DRUM CORPS EXPERIENCE OVER,

Dave just made me think of something else, I wish I would've kept more parts of my uniform. The year we folded I asked George B. if I could have certain parts, now I wish I could've gotten a tartan plaid sash.

:(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marched Freelancers '88-90

Would have begun marching earlier. My first awareness of Drum Corps was '85. I would have recruited more. I would have taken more pictures. I would have tried to assume more of a leadership role amongst the corps members, which includes being more mature and trying to show my corps mates more love.

go back to age 5 and save every penny imaginable so that when i reached the right age i could afford to take the summers off from work and actually march

Corp - Star of Indiana

Years- 88-90

Change- I would love to go back and march my last two years, 1991 and 92, and age out.

It was an incredible experience to have marched in Star of Indiana.

I wouldn't have marched my age-out.

But I don't know if that's true. Sometimes I wish it had never happened, and sometimes I just try to be grateful for the few good things that did happen.

So, I'll say that I wouldn't have given up for 3 days mid-season. I was sick, we were doing badly, and I was depressed because I knew my age-out, the year I had fantasized about before I started marching, was a mess. So for 3 days I didn't run back, didn't really hold my horn up. I didn't max it out at all. I wish I hadn't done that.

Corps: Kilties Senior

Years: 2002-2003 and part of 2004

Things I would change: I would have listened to my gut and not gone back in 2004.

More importantly, except for a few things (like the friends and the laughs I had for the years I was there), I would trade all of it to have marched one season in juniors before I aged out.

Stef

Corps: Spirit of Atlanta

Years: 1983, 1985

Things I would change: I wish I had taken more pictures. I wish I had kept a journal. I wish I had been more extroverted and gotten to know more of the people I marched with better. I wish I hadn't ticked at finals in '85.