IF YOU COULD RELIVE YOUR DRUM CORPS EXPERIENCE OVER,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corp - Star Of Indiana

Years Marched - 1985, 1986, 1987.... 1991 and 1992

Event to Change - I would have come back a year earlier and marched the 1990 show.

Relive- It was all a great ride and can not say there was any of it that I did not enjoy.

Corps - Blue Devils

Year -- 1984

Changes -- Would've kept ALL of my music instead of just the closer -- 'cause Wayne passed out complete scores to us, not just individual parts.

Would've tried harder to audition for the La Fiesta trio...I'd bee practicing the part eventually played by Steve Leanene (he of the beard and The Look at the end of the chart)

Would've liked to have gotton ONE particular direction change right....it caused an interval error in the closer that still haunts me.

Would've made recordings of a LOT of the brass work....often there was a table behind Wayne, Jack, or the DMs during brass rehersals that had a dozen tape recorders. Members come up, hit record, scamper back to teh line, and start playing.

And of course, I'd happily trade beating Garfield in Landsdale, PA for beating them about a week later!

Corps: Colts and Bluecoats

Years: 1989 and 1991

Changes: If I could, I would change the lack of cohesion we had at Colts in '89. I just don't feel we were a very tightknit group that year. We had half the people that had come up through the Colt Cadets and had that history with the corps and the other half were just biding their time until they felt they could make a Top 12 corps...

I wouldn't change a thing about my time at 'Coats...I just wish I would have had more of it!

I would have definitely marched in 1990. I had to take the year off to earn money for school.....but, looking back, I should have just found a way to march anyway.

Corps: Santa Clara Vanguard 1988

Corps: Blue Devils 1989-1990

Corps: SF Renegades 2001-2006

What Would I Change: Not a ###### thing:)

If I could go back and change anything, it would be to go back to 1975-1979 (which would have been my age out year in 1979), with the knowledge I had when 1984 rolled around. Back in 1974, my mom loathed my drum corps involvement, and made me quit when I was just 16.

1984, she fully supported my sis's involvement in Troopers. So I finally asked what was the difference with sis and me. Her answer was, she just hated the corps (management) I was in, and would have had no objections to me marching in the Troopers. I could have had 5 glorious years in the Troop, but found that out 5 years too late.

Edited by Marianne

Jimmy

Year was 1979

Corps was Spirit of Atlanta

I would change finals. Crossmen would have been in there with us.

Corps: 1973 Pittsburgh Rockets

What Would I Change: Make more of an effort to document my first year in corps.

Corps: 1974-75 Sharpsburg Cadets

What Would I Change: Work harder on the drill I wrote and fight to keep it.

Corps: 1976-79 Phantom Regiment

What Would I Change: What I would change, and what I wish would change, I had no control over. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what I'm talking about.

Rocketman - Time for a change

ampssuck

Edited by Rocketman

Corps: MA Guardsmen

Change: Nothing

Do differently:

Went to college in the Lehigh Valley and was within a 2 hour drive of the Crossmen, Bridgemen and Cadets.

Lived in MA with North Star and 27 in my back yard and did not march my last 3 years of eligibility from '81-'83.

Wish I could get those years back.